"1st Day in Greece!" Top 5 Page for this destination Corinth by angiebabe
Corinth Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 220 photos
I actually had never heard of this until reading and seeing about it in Janetanne's page! Along with the likes of the Suez and the Panama canals these are feats of engineering and human ingenuity so I wanted to come see this - on my way to historic Ancient Corinth!
When I got here about 4pm a friendly old guy here at a little stall at the exit gate advised me that it had closed at 3pm and would reopen at 11am in the morning - hows that for visiting hours for a very popular tourist attraction in May still running on Winter opening hours! with sunrise at about 7am and sunset almost at 9pm!!
A couple of locals I spoke to said they were so upset about the effect this has on their businesses with tourists who end up being turned away so early!
But I did manage to get some nice afternoon and evening photos and drive on up to the Acro Corinth fortress.
The next day got to run around Ancient Corinth, especially with its museum full of historic treasure, and to the Tribunal building where Paul spoke from.
Another amazing addition to Corinth!! This place I loved so much I stayed up here for about 4 hours!! (ended up running so late and only got to Ancient Corinth in time to have a rapido 1 hour wizz around before the guards were blowing their whistles that it was closing time in 5 minutes!at the flabbergasting 3pm when the sun is up til almost 9pm!)
Sat for about an hour in a wonderful position in the sun on the fortress walls overlooking Ancient Corinth and the blue sea below me.
This spot would be fighting for top position of best castles or fortresses Ive visited - majestic entrance gate with its huge cobbled entrance road, way up on top of a huge hill! And the place was just absolutely covered in wonderful spring flowers of many colours but particularly wonderful were the poppies!
- In a nutshell:If you did well with your timing you could do these 3 sites - Corinth Canal, Ancient Corinth and AcroCorinth in one completely satisfying day!
7 km southeast of Korinthos (modern Corinth) is Arhea Korinthos (ancient Corinth) which is spread around the Recommended... more travel advice
I drove into modern Corinth/Korinthos trying to find the road that would take me along the coastline to meet up with the... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Corinth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "1st Day in Greece!"
- "Corinth Canal on the way to Argolida"
- "Passage to Peloponese"
- "Corinth, an isthmus and a canal."
- "Corinth, gateway to the Peloponnesos"
- "The Canal of Corinth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corinth
- Hotels in Corinth
- Transportation in Corinth
- Shopping in Corinth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corinth
- 9 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (151)
Have you been to Corinth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corinth
Photos in CorinthSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 99 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues