Tallinn Restaurant Tips by angiebabe
Tallinn Restaurants: 395 reviews and 722 photos
try before you buy!...rather delicious
These guys are all done in authentic medieval garb looking the part with their wagon and lots of nuts - handing out free tastes which were actually delicious - not too expensive for about 2 euro in a handy paper wrap packet which could almost be a medieval snack packet!
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: in the old centre right in the busy tourist route pathways! cant miss them!
Theme: Street Vendor
Excellent seating outdoors undercover in a wooden medieval looking set up lifted slightly off the ground above the elements - with two storeys of table seating indoors. Staff done up excellently in medieval costume with interesting medieval sounding background music. Located near the busy centre of the old town surrounded by the medieval buildings of the old town centre you still got to be in the buzz of the busy place.
Light and very warm pashmina type blankets were provided for the cool evenings when seated outdoors - and even in July the evenings did get pretty cool the two I was there for - and the blankets were an appreciate assistance to enjoy the evening.
This place is very busy - the night before it had been full and just before the cut off time to take any more guests for meals though the bar would remain open for customers for much longer, so Id had to return the next night.
The girl that served me was extremely helpful with choosing my meal for the night but after this like the restaurant Id visited the night before, though staff seemed to congregate together for long periods I wasnt attended very often nor approached whether Id like anything else - I could have been tempted to try a dessert but it was enough to gain staff attention to ask for coffee and then again for the bill.
Favorite Dish: Fillet steak done excellently and with the most amazing accompaniments! So delicious - lentils, mushrooms in sauce, a little pastry bag thing, carrots i think - i forgotten now as unfortunately my camera conked out! but I am tempted to fly back for a repeat!!
I did also try to be authentic and choose to try the local drop called Vana but I didnt really like it. Did have a very nice coffee though. And I did start with a soup which I cant remember for sure! - it might have been a lentil soup.
And there were quite a number of dishes that were very appealing - so a good selection to choose from and prices werent too bad for a splash out - about £17 all up.
Price Comparison: about average
More Reviews (18)
angiebabe's Related Pages
Tallinn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A medieval marvel"
- "Shades of Grey"
- "Tallinn - A Great Mixture of the Old and the New"
- "Tallinn - medieval spirit city"
- "In the bleak midwinter ..."
- "Towers and tiles and spires and cobbles."
- "TALLINN ESTONIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tallinn
- Hotels in Tallinn
- Transportation in Tallinn
- Nightlife in Tallinn
- Restaurants in Tallinn
- Shopping in Tallinn
- Warnings and Dangers in Tallinn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tallinn
- 20 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Tallinn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tallinn
- Posted in Travel Marrakesh Forum "Re: Ait Benhaddou by public..."
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Tallinn tips
- updated a Tallinn Travelogue "Adamson-Eric's excellent artwork and style"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Adamson-Eric's excellent artwork and style"
- Wrote a Review Excellent location for a hostel in Tallinn Hotels
Photos in TallinnSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 106 reviews, 416 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 23 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (324)
- Old Town- 39 Reviews, 118 Photos
- Oleviste-St.Olav's- 41 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Defensive Walls- 37 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Toompea- 35 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Raekoja Plats- 25 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Alex Nevsky- 55 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Kadriorg- 37 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Fat Margaret- 17 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Kiek in the Kok- 20 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Gates- 26 Reviews, 57 Photos
See All Tallinn Things to Do