"Made it to little but pretty Liechtenstein" Liechtenstein by angiebabe

Liechtenstein Travel Guide: 477 reviews and 1,327 photos

My first visit was in November 2007 during a drive around and I wrote here on VT that I had not been able to find where to get my passport stamped....Well I returned here in November 2009 after staying the night before in Chur. No snow in sight til then but overnight there had been a heavy snow fall and there was snow everywhere - so excitedly drove to Lichtenstein and made it up to Trier with good snow tyres for stunning views with deep snow all over the village and the village and vineyards below.

Stopped in Lichtenstein and got my passports stamped with the country's stamp - for about 2.50 euro each stamp and postcards written and posted from the postoffice.

• Pros:in a beautiful valley surrounded by mountains - would be stunning to drive up to Trisen for views over Vaduz
  • Cons:no sign posting whatsoever for the Vaduz centre sites ie couldnt find the Tourist Office to stamp my passport!limited parking - underground car park available but I had limited time!
  • Last visit to Liechtenstein: Nov 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 1, 2014

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Been here its a pass through town but the home of heidi

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Jan 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM

ive been pretty stupid with a lot of my travels and vt pages - travelled like mad, took lots of pics to make VT tips and then never put the pics into the pages...my 2nd trip to Lichtenstein i drove up to the village above through deep snow and took stunning photos...and theyre not here :(

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Does that mean any tourist office can stamp one's passport? I went left-right-centre to obtain a stamp in Riga.. but couldn't :(

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM

That drive up to Triesen and beyond is amazing! ;-]

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Hey, you've set about visiting the tiny countries of Europe! :-) Liechtenstein, San Marino, Gibraltar, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Vatican, Monaco are all still on my "to do" list! :-) Have fun in Italy!! :-)

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2007 at 2:43 PM

ah, you've started... and found Liechenstein both in reality and on VT ;-)

angiebabe

“be prepared, be respectful, try the food, meet the people, walk, walk, walk, keep your eyes open and take your camera”

Badges & Stats in Liechtenstein

Have you been to Liechtenstein?