"Check out the cuckoo clocks - and the scenery" Black Forest by angiebabe
Black Forest Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 248 photos
I have a friend nearby and we have been to lovely Triberg before - including the House of 1000 Clocks - yes a shop with loads of all sorts of cuckooing clocks - we spent ages the first time a few years ago trying to decide as i wanted one but i have to be sure i am making the right decision! then a problem with my credit cards - but this time i chose one i am very happy with - and its arrived safely at my mum's whos happily babysitting it until i get home?! enjoyed that shopping session - still took ages but not quite as long - and i was glad i didnt choose the one i chose the first time around a few years ago!
All sorts to see around the Black Forest area - and each season has its nice differences. wildflowers in spring, green for miles in summer, excellent in snow covered too. Especially the waterfall at Triberg - a stunner when deep in snow and ice!
- Pros:photogenic, traditional houses and huge barns on green hills, cuckoo clocks and the worlds largest cuckoo clock
- Cons:Black Forest cake - too much cream!
Its full of all sorts of clocks!! 1000 cuckoo clocks from the excellent and well made traditional ones with mechanisms... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Black Forest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Black Forest"
- "Schwarzwald - Forêt Noire - Black Forest"
- "Schwarzwald - in the south-west of Germany"
- "The Black Forest Region"
- "Black Forest, Home of Cuckoo Clocks"
- "Mountains and food"
- "Check out the cuckoo clocks - and the scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Black Forest
- Hotels in Black Forest
- Transportation in Black Forest
- Restaurants in Black Forest
- Shopping in Black Forest
- Warnings and Dangers in Black Forest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Black Forest
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Black Forest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Black Forest
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 99 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues