"One of Portugals most active fishing ports." Top 5 Page for this destination Peniche by angiebabe
Peniche Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 189 photos
So why not visit. Another fortress and rugged coastline- out to the Cape Carvoeiro.
The sixteenth century fortress/Fortaleza at Peniche was one of the dictator Salazar's most notorious jails expanded to accommodate the growing crowds of political prisoners.
Rugged coastline with crashing blue water around the Cape with its lighthouse and views over to the Island of Behlenga 10 km away offshore.
- Pros:Historic buildings, lots of people visiting for the local seafood and a festival day out at the Cape.
- Cons:Got absolutely lost on the way back from Peniche - by the time i found my way i was so frustrated!
- In a nutshell:Must be lovely in summer - especially the boat trip to Ilha Berlenga
Cabo (cape) Cavoeiro is only 45 minutes walk from Peniche - or 5-10 minutes drive! but it took a while even with the car... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Peniche Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Peniche"
- "One of Portugals most active fishing ports."
- "Peniche a lovely fisherman`s Town"
- "A Fishing Village and Seaside Fortress"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peniche
- Hotels in Peniche
- Transportation in Peniche
- Restaurants in Peniche
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peniche
- 8 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Peniche?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peniche
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: High Speed Train Beijing -..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Popular restaurant!"
- Commented on one of Savana66's Peniche travel pages
- updated a Peniche Travel Page "One of Portugals most active fishing ports."
- Wrote a Review Spot the local's picnic spots. in Peniche Things to Do
Photos in PenicheSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 425 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues