"Blanes - the start of the Costa Brava" Top 5 Page for this destination Blanes by angiebabe
Blanes Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 163 photos
The Costa Brava, which means 'wild coast', runs for some 200kms from Blanes northwards to the region of Emporda which borders France.
It is a mix of pine-backed sandy coves, golden beaches and crowded modern resorts. Inland there are medieval villages to explore. Wine, olives and fishing were the main stays of the area before the tourists came in the 1960s.
Headed here to stay with friends who have a villa complex about 5 kms out in the country outside the town of Blanes.
Blanes with its working port has one of the longest beaches on the Costa Brava.
The Costa Brava not only has a long coastline of white beaches and blue blue waters but is surrounded by lush green vegetation - really pretty surrounds - one of the greener parts of Spain and which generally stays green through the heat of summer when other parts brown up.
Beautiful gardens on a hilltop and cliffside above Blanes and the Costa Brava. Enjoyed about 2 hours here following the paths which take you over an area of about 4 hectares.
friends villa - 5 km out in the country from Blanes - lovely countryside - lovely villa with several self contained... more travel advice
The trains to Barcelona leave quite frequently through the day and only take an hour and 15 minutes to Place Catalunya... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Blanes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blanes - the start of the Costa Brava"
- "Amapola's Blanes page"
- "The best place to stay in Costa Brava"
- "A SEASIDE TOWN IN COSTA BRAVA"
- "Blanes, Costa Brava."
- "Blanes - a piece of paradise......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blanes
- Hotels in Blanes
- Transportation in Blanes
- Nightlife in Blanes
- Restaurants in Blanes
- Shopping in Blanes
- Warnings and Dangers in Blanes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blanes
- 16 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Blanes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blanes
- Posted in Travel Marrakesh Forum "Re: Are the trains on the hour +..."
- updated a Blanes Travelogue "Beautiful fields of spring and summer flowers"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Out in the country near Blanes"
- Wrote a Review Rappazini's villa in Blanes Hotels
- Commented on one of LanaFromRiga's Blanes travel pages
Photos in BlanesSee All Photos (114)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 425 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues