"Cool Copenhagen" Copenhagen by angiebabe
Copenhagen Travel Guide: 3,905 reviews and 9,830 photos
My second visit to Copenhagen - and both visits cool temperatures of approaching winter! - November and 4 years later in December - but it was worth returning to Copenhagen - to see Tivoli in all its christmas festive glory!, excellent museums, excellent churches and buildings and architecture, the Christiania commune again, Hans Christian Anderson with his Boulevard and the Little Mermaid plonked in the harbour
Driving or walking around the city to see the sights you realise the city centre and its stunning buildings are quite spread out, particularly i guess due to the geography or waters that Copenhagen has been built around. Took lots of photos both visits snapping at the lovely or regal looking buildings around this city. Its a bit of a walk from the city centre to the sights - but its lovely looking around all the way - a particularly good example is to follow the Palace guards as they head through the city streets to the Palace for the 'Changing of the Guard'.
Excellent architecture and Royal Palaces, ice skating at the D'Angleterre!, excellent museums, beautiful harbourside shots - and dining! rollmops and gumbleduff - yum!, Hans Christian has his Little Mermaid in the harbour!, interesting Christiania, Isaak Denison, Hamlets castle just a train away - Copenhagen has a lot happening!
- Pros:Lots to see and photograph.
- Cons:Can be quite bleak in early winter, the city and sights is very spread out but lots to see en route.
25 minutes away by train, or the same by car along the motorway, is the town of Roskilde which was once the capital of... more travel advice
- Out of Africa in Copenhagen
- excellent youth hostel half hour away in...
- see the Christmas lights at night
angiebabe's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Copenhagen, a "suburb" to Valby..."
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 18 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
- Posted in Travel Marrakesh Forum "Re: Are the trains on the hour +..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Copenhagen travel pages
- Wrote a Review Out of Africa in Copenhagen in Copenhagen Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "see the Christmas lights at night"
- updated a Copenhagen Travelogue "Tivoli at Christmas"
Photos in CopenhagenSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 425 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues