"To see friends in the Italian countryside" Avellino by angiebabe
Avellino Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 23 photos
I first came to Avellino by catching a bus from the Naples airport 45 minutes to Avellino to come see and stay with a friend from London who'd invited me to come see her and her family at their homes in Italy. (had an excellent piece of real Italian pizza for only a euro fifty and excellent coffee while i was waiting for friends to collect me) which was a nice welcome to Italy!
They lived in a village called Prata about half an hour from Avellino so it was all very special and exciting. so i took the opportunity to see real Italians in a part of Italy Ive never been before and have another real cultural experience!
We also visited Avellino for a couple of hours while my friends sister went to an evening class and walked around the streets. As per usual Italian style some impressive big buildings and cafes with the local cakes that were very tempting but we decided we would leave alone!
And we got to a supermarket and a £1 shop!! (ie a real bargain shop) to do some looking around which is always a way to get close to the locals!
Then i was back here to move on to Salerno which was easy enough - a lot of buses going to various destinations but the bus to Salerno is not so frequent but its cheap and only takes an hour.
A lot of large impressive buildings around with some in disrepair which gives an interesting comparison of how the ones that are looking in beautiful order might also have looked!
but when walking around notice the number of special placques stuck up on buildings to give tribute to events in history. i shouldve taken more notice at the time even if they are all in Italian!
- Pros:Its Italy - so its another country for me to experience - the food, the architecture, hearing the language and seeing how people live and whatever apparent differences
- Cons:not a tourist destination
angiebabe's Related Pages
Avellino Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Avellino
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Avellino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avellino
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 95 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 60 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues