"Capital of island of Jerba - Houmt Souk" Houmt Souk by angiebabe
Houmt Souk Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 23 photos
'Houmt Souk' means market place - and right in the centre, running parallel to the main road behind, is its long stretch of souk! Excellent place to buy textiles and fabrics - i bought enough to make a bedspread if i wish of the lovely woollen fabric with embroidered edging that many of the women can be seen wearing in their typical dress - a great souvenir for only about £10.
In addition to the permanent shops around the souk are the traders that come in from around the island with their wares on Mondays and Thursdays - all sorts can be bought - straw baskets and mats (i bought a nice basket for only about £3), coral and jewellery, check out the shops too where you can choose from an enormous array of postcards of excellent pics for 10 cards for like 2 TD
Guide book reckoned the Haroun was the best restaurant in town - its in a nice spot near the port with a ship on the... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Houmt Souk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The main city of Jerba"
- "Capital of island of Jerba - Houmt Souk"
- "DJERBA: 354 Mosques, and counting......"
- "Capital of Ile de Jerba"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Houmt Souk
- Hotels in Houmt Souk
- Nightlife in Houmt Souk
- Restaurants in Houmt Souk
- Shopping in Houmt Souk
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Houmt Souk
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Houmt Souk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houmt Souk
- Posted in Travel Fes Forum "Re: tour from Fes to Erg Chebbi..."
- Commented on one of barryg23's Houmt Souk travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Capital of island of Jerba - Houmt Souk"
- updated a Houmt Souk Travel Page "Capital of island of Jerba - Houmt Souk"
- Wrote a Review Eat at the best restaurant in town in Houmt Souk Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 421 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 29 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues