Agadir Things to Do Tips by angiebabe Top 5 Page for this destination
Agadir Things to Do: 58 reviews and 176 photos
Mali style mosque at Tiznit
Hi, I see you are arriving in just 2 or 3 days time or it means April? If its April then you are in Morocco for beautiful springtime when the countryside tends to still be green and a lot of areas ablaze with colourful flowers.
So a day trip out would be greatly recommended - also from your stop at Casa too as there are lovely areas up that way that have prolific springflowers around the place
As for Agadir, Agadir is great as a base for day trips
- Id recommmend if you have a decent hours to call a day a trip to Tafraoute is lovely and you would get a lot for your time and money doing a very good circuit down to Aglou Plage, 90 kms south of Agadir on the coast, and nearby administration town Tiznit with its blue doored buildings and jewellery shops with silver up from the sub-sahara.
For a longer circuit you could then go over Col kerdous to Tafraoute, the landscape all the way is beautiful and back on up to Agadir.......but this is such a beautiful area it is worth at least a night or two to see the sights and appreciate the beauty here.
you might even have time to stop in at Souss Massa on the way to Tiznt if it is April it would worth making the time - or perhaps just do Souss Massa, Tiznit and Aglou Plage and return.
A coastal city trip could include Souss Massa, Tiznit and down the coast from Aglou Plage to Mihrleft and Sidi Ifni which was originally a Spanish colonial town which still has interesting architecture and blue and white buildings on a hill beside a long stretch of beach.
- or to Taroudant only 80 kms from Agadir if you feel you dont want to go too far away - it is a red brick walled city like a smaller version of Marrakech with quite a bit to see - such as the souks for generally less hustle from touts that you find in Marrakech, with quality leather, silver and textile goods - there is also a large Sunday souk just on the outskirts of town which is worth visiiting and you could do a drive out to Tioute with an oasis and kasbah or into the mountains near there to see berber villages.
Essaouira which is a nice drive along the coast is also an option for a day trip - stopping at popular beach towns such as Taghazoute or Tamri, lovely fishing village Imousouane also with a beautiful beach - stopping to buy bananas from one of the many stalls along the way and Sidi Kaouki and Diabat towns just before Essaouira where Jimi Hendrix used to hang out. Quite often you will get to see goats up in the Argane trees eating leaves and nuts that they love - which is an interesting sight! Essaouira itself is a lovely town worthy of at least a couple of hours.have t
Immouzzer in the hills to a waterfall is a nice half day trip.
A long day trip could also be down to Amtoudi to see the amazing 12th century fortified granary called Id Aissa.
This could be incorporated into a trip to Goulmime - particularly if its a Saturday when for many years there has been a camel market.
As for herbalists and not going to them I have a tip in my Agadir on a good business who sells good quality argane oil which is very good souvenir or opportunity to obtain when in Morocco - it is becoming well appreciated for its omega content and other qualities - and not at all just a tourist trap. There are actually lovely products made in MOrocco famed for its roses, olive oil, almonds, mint, and so on and they are for sale in these shops as well - the women have been using these as important beauty/cosmetic and cooking products for many many years so a big part of their culture. Many of these products are more expensive at the airports around Morocco and in other parts of the world.
Have a look around VTers pages for ideas on these places Ive mentioned - and I have a few tips in my pages as well.
I was recommended and given the phone number of Bouchrib who has a taxi service/car company for day trips and longer trips rather than just a grande taxi service - he apparently has 5 cars in his fleet - his phone number is 00212661178061 -
also good friends from Norway and Morocco have a good friend who Ive met who has a grande taxi and can do day trips away, a very nice guy and reliable who you could also ring and see if hes available to take you away for the day - you would need to ring him the day before - 00212661281023 - his name is Abdallah Gebo
Let me know if theres anything further you need help with, I have further contacts if needed who know Taroudant and Tafraoute very well/live there etc which is a bonus for getting places to eat and shopping such as Tafraoute which is famed for its colourful babouches and interesting shaped tagine pots, also argane concoctions - in a much more down to earth, meet the locals type trip.
all the best and enjoy your time in Morocco!
Excellent collection of Berber jewellery, pottery, a few carpets and wooden doors from local kasbahs.
Well displayed with information given on the items and where they are from. Also very good photographs and interesting displays of local culture and sites of interest in the area including the Berber tribes that live in the mountains nearby.
The Marina, at the far end of Agadir beach bust before the port and fish market, is a fairly new and very expensive project for the locality.
Now a new residential complex but also marina for rather expensive yachts and boats and quite a number of designer boutiques and shops occupying the rooms at ground level. There are a few cafes and restaurants here too of course.
Lovely sandy beach that goes quite a long way along the bay from the Marina - take your own towel and beach umbrella - like we did - or pay 60 dirham a day for a sun lounge to lie on (up in the area near the Marina).
And just lounge around and enjoy the sun and peace on the beach.
When you want you can roam around the Marina and do some shopping, visit the fishmarkets on the other side of the Marina, or grab a coffee at one of the cafes or restaurants that line the road that follows the beachfront until it hits the big hotels that continue on along further.
Early each morning the hauls of fish that are caught overnight are brought in to the fishmarket for auctioning - you can attend the auctions each morning and it is best to arrive early. At the fishmarket fish can be bought as you would at a shop with its given price but mainly its a place where there are many small sit down eateries - all known by their given number - so you can make your choice and sit down for a meal of freshly caught fish or seafood.
Its buyer beware though and it is best to make sure you understand the deal you are accepting before you let food be put before you and start eating (we got badly ripped off at the Sale fishmarkets by not clarifying exactly what the price was before eating and got hit with a 180 lunch bill just for 2 people!) - we have never been ripped off here at the Agadir fishmarkets but have always given our custom to the same place at Number 26.
Knowing where you are going - such as to where you want to eat etc - means you can enjoy the busy atmosphere here and just watch their carrying ons trying to 'catch' customers etc!
More Reviews (26)
- See All Taxis around Agadir - Petite taxis
- See All stroll around the promenade at night
- See All Stay out at Tagazout above the beautiful...
- See All Seafood next door to the Milanese
- Pickpockets and grab and runners in...
angiebabe's Related Pages
Agadir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AGADIR - MORE THAN JUST A PACKAGE TOUR CITY!"
- "12 nights in Agadir :-)"
- "christmas in morocco"
- "~ One Week in Agadir ~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agadir
- Hotels in Agadir
- Transportation in Agadir
- Nightlife in Agadir
- Restaurants in Agadir
- Shopping in Agadir
- Warnings and Dangers in Agadir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agadir
- 31 Reviews
- 134 Photos
- 91 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Agadir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agadir
- Posted in Travel Ephesus Forum "Re: Istanbul to Selcuk by bus..."
- Wrote a Review Taxis around Agadir - Petite taxis in Agadir Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taxis around Agadir - Petite taxis"
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Agadir tips
- updated a Agadir Travel Page "AGADIR - MORE THAN JUST A PACKAGE TOUR CITY!"
Photos in AgadirSee All Photos (134)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 425 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues