"AGADIR - MORE THAN JUST A PACKAGE TOUR CITY!" Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir by angiebabe
Agadir Travel Guide: 247 reviews and 741 photos
Been up here several times.....
Head up to the top of this hill for excellent views over the city, the fishing harbour with old and new fishing boats, the long white sandy beach and the ocean.....
this is a remaining reminder of the terrible earthquake in the 60s that decimated the city, killing and burying a lot of the population....the kasbah up on the hill which was surrounded by its own city....walk up through the remaining entrance door and up the steps onto the stoney top
there are always camels up here for the visitors that come up here and they always seem to popular - with both Moroccan and foreign tourists
It takes about 5-10 minutes by winding road to drive up here, theres parking up here at the top - along with a guardian to take the money for the usual 1-2 dirham parking fees or about half an hour to walk
....excellent views from the top and its a mustdo if you want any decent visit to Agadir!
Miles of coastlines and lovely beaches, not only at Agadir proper, but up and down the coast - particularly along the north heading on up towards Essaouira - its a nice drive all the way up to ESsaouira and worth having a car to do this as a day or overnight trip or make it part of a circuit
Popular beaches as you make your way are Taghazout, Agarouk, Tamri, and particularly Immousouane - which is a busy fishing village with an excellent beach very popular with surfers with an excellent camping ground and restaurants.
Just south of Essaouira is popular Sidi Kaouki - which generally has camels waiting for the tourists - and then famous for Jimi Hendrix, Diabat.
With Agadir now having an airport serviced by budget airlines such as Easyjet and also British Airways and Royal Air Maroc even if you are not planning to stay in Agadir its a handy location to fly into Morocco to start your trip.
I have been flying in and out of Agadir quite often now as it is handier for me. Flights are often cheaper as well and better timed. I like being able to fly out on an afternoon flight so that have the morning available.
We always drive into Agadir before heading off anywhere else though to take the opportunity of a delicious mixed seafood restaurant at The Milanese and stock up on supplies at Marjane or Metro. and make a visit to see the beach.
If this is your first trip to Morocco it is worth considering Agadir for at least 1 or 2 nights to wind down in a nice hotel, enjoy the beach and a wander along the peaceful promenade - indulge in the many cafes for delicious coffee or orange juice or panaches, theres some good deals at a number of beachside restaurants....even pay a visit to the ineresting museum in town all as part of a nice intro to Morocco before setting off.
There are a number of nice hotels at a variety of budgets that I can recommend so check out my accommodation tips or drop me a line.
Rental cars are often cheaper here than anywhere else and Agadir is also a good base for hiring a grande taxi for a day or overnight trip.
Let me know if you are looking to have a guide to drive you around and look after you while having your experience to a more real Morocco than many tourists might do just settling for a charter package with visits to the numerous nightclubs and beaches here in Agadir.
- Pros:live it up or live it down - theres a lot of opportunities here with Agadir as a great base and centre
- Cons:easy to get the idea this is just the package tour city for the sun, sea and sand centre of Morocco
- In a nutshell:a calm place beside the sea before you head off to the onslaught of full on Morocco elsewhere - or wind down after your adventure! Sensible base for many things to do and see in the area.
petite taxis are a cheap and fast alternative for getting around Agadir - hail them in the street, but best to ask them... more travel advice
Our favourite place to stay when thinking of Agadir Is a few kilometres further north up the coast at Tagazout. Usually... more travel advice
- Pickpockets and grab and runners in...
- See All stock up on supplies at one of the...
- See All Good to know theres an Ibis here for...
angiebabe's Related Pages
Agadir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AGADIR - MORE THAN JUST A PACKAGE TOUR CITY!"
- "12 nights in Agadir :-)"
- "christmas in morocco"
- "~ One Week in Agadir ~"
- "The Charm of Agadir"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agadir
- Hotels in Agadir
- Transportation in Agadir
- Nightlife in Agadir
- Restaurants in Agadir
- Shopping in Agadir
- Warnings and Dangers in Agadir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agadir
- 31 Reviews
- 134 Photos
- 109 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Agadir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agadir
- Posted in Travel China Forum "Re: Central station in Beijing"
- Wrote a Review Taxis around Agadir - Petite taxis in Agadir Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taxis around Agadir - Petite taxis"
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Agadir tips
- updated a Agadir Travel Page "AGADIR - MORE THAN JUST A PACKAGE TOUR CITY!"
Photos in AgadirSee All Photos (134)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 99 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues