Asilah Shopping Tips by angiebabe Top 5 Page for this destination
Asilah Shopping: 4 reviews and 7 photos
Not really local craft - a lot of it is from other parts of Morocco - most likely Fez and Marrakech - or China! - but theres a lot of little shops to get some interesting items to commemorate your visit to Morocco and yes you still need to haggle! - but haggle and you could get yourself some good deals.
Ive bought the best priced leather pouffes/cushion covers here than anywhere else - especially difficult was getting good prices like we got here in the souks of Marrakech!
Theres the usual carpet and jewellery shops, a few nice looking carpets caught my eye - but only my eyes though as Ive been there done that enough during my years in Morocco that my collection is ample for the time being! - but if you are yet to get a carpet well here in Asilah could be as good a place as any! If you are headed for Tetouan though there are huge cooperative shops there with an abundance of selection.....
one time when I was here there were excellent huge seashells for sale....
and then there is the art shops, textiles, hats, Tshirts monogrammed with Moroco - and then there is an excellent pattisserie too!
Have a roam and a good look and then a good haggle if you see something you like!
Theme: Local Craft
you can buy everything and anything here - and if you dont want to buy its great for looking for an hour or so.
Interesting and colourful textiles and fabrics, excellent music that you can hear before you choose, or maybe buy a teapot for your mint tea - along with ornate tea glasses?, or veges to take back to make a tagine!, or like me shade your head from the sun as many of the other ladies do and buy a colourful Rif mountain hat!
I only paid 20 dirham but even up to 40 dirham for the more intricately covered and decorated hats would be a fair price.
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (18)
angiebabe's Related Pages
Asilah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portuguese city by the Atlantic Ocean"
- "Relaxing Asilah by the sea"
- "Atlantic Asilah"
- "A s i l a h"
- "Asilah - pearl on the Atlantic"
- "A Quiet Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asilah
- Hotels in Asilah
- Transportation in Asilah
- Nightlife in Asilah
- Restaurants in Asilah
- Shopping in Asilah
- Warnings and Dangers in Asilah
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vardenis Hotels
- Ile de Jerba Hotels
- Lake Apopka Hotels
- Mali Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Asilah
- 20 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Asilah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asilah
- Posted in Travel New Zealand Forum "Re: Those things normally left..."
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Asilah tips
- updated a Asilah Travel Page "Relaxing Asilah by the sea"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk along the ramparts and sea walls"
- Wrote a Review Walk along the ramparts and sea walls in Asilah Things to Do
Photos in AsilahSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 421 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 29 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (240)
Latest Asilah hotel reviews
- Hotel Al Khaima
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013