Asilah Transportation Tips by angiebabe Top 5 Page for this destination
Asilah Transportation: 18 reviews and 10 photos
Current price March 2009 is 16 dirham - and still only takes about 45 minutes to an hour - if you sit on the right hand side you will get nice sea and a few green pastoral views along the way - you might even see a camel or two on the beach!
If you are coming from Tangier or particularly from the ferry from Spain then just catch a small taxi from the outskirts of the port area which is only 20 dirham though some might ask for 30 but negotiate before you get in - especially if theres only one of you - to the bus station and the buses go fairly frequently - about hourly - if it looks like youve just missed one and the next is not for quite a while then itd be worth heading for a grande taxi - they leave when their 6 seats are sold and are only a little more expensive than the bus - buy 2 seats for more comfort and better views - otherwise the bus is good too.
my luggage being carted in Asilah
As with most transport hubs around Morocco you will find there are pretty much always guys who have trolley things for carting - its very handy if youve arrived from a tiring trip and youve got luggage that you want some relief from carrying about yourself!
I would recommend that you give these guys some business and let them cart it for you! Generally only costs about 10 dirham - 1 euro or just under £1 - give them some business and give yourself a break!
Confirm times when you are in Asilah but each morning, usually 1030 am, there is a direct bus to Tetouan - doesnt go via Tangier but south and then east saving a bit of time than going to tangier and waiting for a connecting bus to Tetouan.
Quite nice scenic rouote too - though i have usually done it by car.
For those who dont mind joining in with how the locals do things the frequent minibuses that leave Asilah from its main bus station, same street as where the grande taxis leave from also, they are a cheap and easy way to get around.
Only 10 dirham (75 pence) to the Tangier bus station (the one for locals, not the CTM bus station - which i have never used!) where you can there catch a petit taxi to the ferry terminal or into Tangier central, from here you can also catch the main buses to Tetouan and Chefchouen.
Getting to Asilah to and from Tangier is easy and cheap by grande taxi - when theres been two of us we have claimed the front seat (all seats of 6 need to be full before a taxi will leave and the front seat counts for two tickets!)
so if travelling with a friend its ideal or pay for two seats which is what i did when i was travelling alone! its still cheap ie under £3 for 30-40 minutes fast and efficient transport and allows you best visibility if you are wanting to see whats going on around you or dont want to be squashed up amoungst 3 other men in the back seat!!
Its for this ease of transfer too that its much recommended to stay in Asilah than Tangier for choice of location.
From Tangier the grande taxis leave from their depot at the bus station - from the ferry terminal you need to catch a blue petit taxi to the grande taxi station - or you can catch a train to Asilah but then you are still quite a way out of town ie about 10 mins walk in a remote looking spot.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (15)
angiebabe's Related Pages
Asilah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portuguese city by the Atlantic Ocean"
- "Relaxing Asilah by the sea"
- "Atlantic Asilah"
- "A s i l a h"
- "Asilah - pearl on the Atlantic"
- "A Quiet Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asilah
- Hotels in Asilah
- Transportation in Asilah
- Nightlife in Asilah
- Restaurants in Asilah
- Shopping in Asilah
- Warnings and Dangers in Asilah
- See All...
Explore the World
- Isla Tesoro Hotels
- Hannibal Hotels
- Alabama Hills Hotels
- Shepparton Hotels
Badges & Stats in Asilah
- 20 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Asilah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asilah
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: What's interesting on the..."
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Asilah travel pages
- updated a Asilah Travel Page "Relaxing Asilah by the sea"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk along the ramparts and sea walls"
- Wrote a Review Walk along the ramparts and sea walls in Asilah Things to Do
Photos in AsilahSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 111 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 95 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 60 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (208)
Latest Asilah hotel reviews
- Hotel Al Khaima
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 25, 2013