"Relaxing Asilah by the sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Asilah by angiebabe
Asilah Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 299 photos
Lovely almost spotlessly clean medina fortress town next to the sea - one of the few places in Morocco, especially if youve been driving around the country towns, where you will see flowers in the streets and in peoples residences!
Its a beautiful spot to relax and spend a night or a few - meandering about the maze of streets in the medina and sitting out on the fortress walls for sunrise or sunset - or any time of day.
There are excellent places to stay in the medina - renovated homes in keeping with traditional style of the riad with wonderful designs and colours behind the blue front door. Make contact with the locals in the nearby cafes for info on renting a room or an apartment and you will find that you can obtain a lovely place to stay for very reasonable prices.
Also shopping is quite nice too - theres a interesting range of shops in which you might want to pick up a few souvenirs such as jewellery, leather pouffes, and rugs and carpets, local artwork or even seashells for sale.
Still need to haggle as the original asking prices are still over the top but the hustle and touting is less.
Asilah is also famed for its International Art Festival which brings artists and audiences from around the world each August.
Held in the Cultural Centre/main hall/ex palace are various exhibitions and events on the calendar but also significantly are that the walls around the medina end up with a new year of murals and 'graffitti' to enjoy for future visits to the town!
Seafood restaurants and walks beside the seashore and beach. Of course Asilah is a good place to come for seafood meals. But also just sitting in the sun at one of the numerous cafes for a leisurely breakfast or an excellent coffee or mint tea or freshly squeezed sweet orange juice are further experiences to add to your memories of memorable times in and
If youre arriving or departing Morocco via Tangier and needing a place to stay - Asilah is a preferable place for the night - only 45 minutes away - frequent grande taxis and minivans heading back and forth - along with locals buses which go when satisfactory numbers of passengers on board or not too past the scheduled times - and then a petite taxi to or from the port.
With Asilah's fortress town still being intact, walking along the ramparts and sea walls for views of the sea below, and... more travel advice
Asilah's walled town is one of the most intact walled towns in Morocco - you can walk right around the walls including... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Asilah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portuguese city by the Atlantic Ocean"
- "Relaxing Asilah by the sea"
- "Atlantic Asilah"
- "A s i l a h"
- "Asilah - pearl on the Atlantic"
- "A Quiet Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asilah
- Hotels in Asilah
- Transportation in Asilah
- Nightlife in Asilah
- Restaurants in Asilah
- Shopping in Asilah
- Warnings and Dangers in Asilah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asilah
- 20 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Asilah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asilah
Photos in AsilahSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 425 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues