"Beautiful haven nestled below the Atlas Mountains" Imlil by angiebabe
Imlil Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 113 photos
My very first visit to Imlil in February 2010 found it as freezing here as the biting chill of winter in Telouet - seeing your breath in your room and getting into bed and only being warm when a normally ludicrous number of blankets are put on your bed!!
Lahcen's gite, aimed at hikers as Lahcen is a registered mountain guide, was cheap and friendly and had an excellent hi-tech wood burner to sit close to to keep warm but the lack of heating in the rooms was really a bit too much...but the views from the first light in the morning to clear skies of Toubkal in the distance were priceless! Just beautiful! Along with the wonderful breakfasts Lahcen wife and/or daughter brought to me each morning!
When I returned, but stayed in a hotel in town, in April during my visit to Morocco for the almond blossom season the town was just beautiful - trees laden with blossoms all along the road to Imlil and all around the valley - the walk up to the kasbah the next day was a change from bare trees to new life springing forth and slmond blossoms and beautiful purple irises in beautiful abundance - the trek up the hill was exciting - and with my camera so busy a time consuming one!
The views from the kasbah were as dramatic as previously in February but were even more beautiful....and Toubkal could be seen again, still with snow on the top...what an awesome day and awesome visit!
- Pros:particularly beautiful when the fruit trees are out in blossom! great 360' views from Kasbah Toubkal
- Cons:very cold overnight in winter - find a place with heating!
- In a nutshell:surrounded by mountains - beautiful walks including the maximums challenge of getting up Morocco's highest mountain
angiebabe's Related Pages
Imlil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Jebel Toubkal and the High Atlas"
- "Imlil village and Toubkal massif walks"
- "A day out in Imlil"
- "Imlil - my third wife and home to the Unseen"
- "Gateway to the high atlas"
- "Marakesh to Imlil-climbing Toubkal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Imlil
- Hotels in Imlil
- Transportation in Imlil
- Nightlife in Imlil
- Restaurants in Imlil
- Shopping in Imlil
- Warnings and Dangers in Imlil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Imlil
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Imlil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Imlil
- Posted in Travel Fes Forum "Re: tour from Fes to Erg Chebbi..."
- Commented on one of alyf1961's Imlil travel pages
- updated a Imlil Travel Page "Beautiful haven nestled below the Atlas Mountains"
- Wrote a Review Budget gite for hikers and relaxers in Imlil Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful haven nestled below the Atlas Mountains"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 421 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 29 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues