"Ouarzazate" Top 5 Page for this destination Ouarzazate by angiebabe
Ouarzazate Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 468 photos
A laidback yet busy town along the major access roads to Zagora and the Draa Valley in the south, the Tafilalt in the east, marrakech in the north and Taroudannt in the west providing services of a provincial town for a large area and also now busy as a town servicing the needs of the film industry with yet another film studio opened.
The Glaouis were also here, as was their headquarters nearby at Telouet, being central to their access routes to the areas they maintained control and power over and here is still Palace Taouorirt which is able to be visited but does provide a major landmark as you go through town.
- Pros:interesting town with a buzzy sort of atmosphere but laid back, good patisserie and services available for the tourist traveller,
Along the roadside about half way between Tinehr and Skoura this restaurant is popular with Moroccan travellers and us... more travel advice
One of the few sites in Morocco that Unesco has got involved with, the Taourirt kasbah here in Ouarzazate is a sprawling... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Ouarzazate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ouarzazate and the South Oasis Region"
- "Ouarzazate - The Door of The Desert"
- "Ouarzazate, kasbah's and the desert 2004"
- "Between Palm Valleys"
- "Lovely city with plenty to do"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ouarzazate
- Hotels in Ouarzazate
- Transportation in Ouarzazate
- Nightlife in Ouarzazate
- Restaurants in Ouarzazate
- Shopping in Ouarzazate
- Warnings and Dangers in Ouarzazate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ouarzazate
- 20 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Ouarzazate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ouarzazate
- Posted in Travel Marrakesh Forum "Re: Ait Benhaddou by public..."
- Commented on one of johnsakura's Ouarzazate tips
- updated a Ouarzazate Travel Page "Ouarzazate"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Storks - the giant stork nest of Taourirt!"
- Wrote a Review roadside restaurant for low priced eating in Ouarzazate Restaurants
Photos in OuarzazateSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 106 reviews, 416 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 23 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues