"interesting gate to the sahara" Top 5 Page for this destination Rissani by angiebabe
Rissani Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 326 photos
You will see the signs signposting the scenic circuit drive at the approach to Risanni - its a route i drove a few years ago and then again just this month and really enjoyed it even more - a lovely time of year though largely influenced by the amount of recent rainfalls with lush looking wheat fields and green palmeraies - takes you past interesting villages and ksars and remnants of the original city of Sijillimassa, which encompassed a wide area surrounding where Rissani is now, and the ksar town of Tinerhas with its lovely hilltop view over the area where movies have been made and over the palmeraie and through to the orange dunes of the Merzouga Sahara.
- Pros:fascinating souk - historic desert town of ancient Sijillimassa - various people groups live here, trade here in the souks
A nice hotel at a reasonable price to know about if you are looking for luxury on the way to the desert....I would... more travel advice
Its probably not really an off the beaten path tip as all sensible people who get to Rissani will automatically of... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Rissani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "interesting gate to the sahara"
- "Rissani - a small town almost in the Sahara..."
- "A Moroccan Backwater (except it's desert)"
- "Gaze upon my works, and despair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rissani
- Hotels in Rissani
- Transportation in Rissani
- Restaurants in Rissani
- Shopping in Rissani
- Warnings and Dangers in Rissani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rissani
- 18 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Rissani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rissani
- Posted in Travel Morocco Forum "Re: PAYG mobile phone SIM cards."
- updated a Rissani Travel Page "interesting gate to the sahara"
- Uploaded a Photo to "interesting gate to the sahara"
- Wrote a Review Recommend to take a guide in Rissani Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of zrim's Rissani travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 99 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues