"the beautiful valley of Ait Bougoumez" Tabant by angiebabe
Tabant Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos
Ive been looking at the name Ait Bougoumez in my ageing Lonely Planet guidebook to Morocco's Top 10 list of beauty spots for 8 years...despite a lot of travelling around the sights and sites of Morocco including the must-sees and returning to most of the incredibly beautiful places that Ive fallen in love with or lived in.....
February this year 2011 I finally made it to the Ait Bougoumez valley - shocked to discover the signpost to Ait Bougoumez is just sitting there in the middle of Azilal, a town Ive been through a few times to visit Cascade D'ouzoud...without knowing that this yearned for place was almost just next door!
the Lonely Planet describes the landscapes and scenery as Himalaya-like - we would have to agree. Visiting in February the road we drove had awesome panoramic views of the majestic Atlas mountains with lots of snow on top. The road took us along winding deep and wide gorges - with mudbrick houses down the sides! We even picked up a few locals along the way dropping them off at the top of these deep valleys to watch them take their steps on down to their villages.
Then our trusty accommodation finder that we have on a number of times phoned to say we are in such and such place...do you know anywhere we can stay here....got back us to us with details of a gite further up the valley - watching the colours of sunset in the sky and getting the last landscape and spring flower photos as we went along we followed the directions that took us to the village of Tabant where we picked up Houssine from the family cafe...
- Pros:purely beautiful landscape all the way....does look like youre up in the Himalayas in places...spring is incredibly beautiful and June was even more stunning...fields ablaze with thousands of purple orchids and yellow flowers...really kind people!!
- Cons:a few rough roads - the road from Tabant to Chez Moha where we have now stayed twice is quite rugged...so not somewhere a tourist is going to haphazard find...people can be very reliant on their hands/subsistence living so can be pretty poor
- In a nutshell:take your camera and hiking boots and thermals....take kindness and clothes and school supplies to give away....
angiebabe's Related Pages
Tabant Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tabant
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Tabant?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tabant
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 111 reviews, 414 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 95 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 60 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues