"Rather lovely Telouet" Telouet by angiebabe
Telouet Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 282 photos
Beautiful views from the Glaoui Pasha's palace.....stunning colours inside the palace....stunning colours outside the palace - the earth here has so much colour with reds, purples, even green - add to this the lush and fertile fields of crops growing along with beautiful almond blossoms and spring field flowers
....looking out to the mud brick homes - made from the earth and blending in with the surroundings - of the villages that once housed the families of the slaves and servants
....looking down to the area where once elaborate Fantasias of berber warrirors famed for racing fast on their horses while simultaneously firing their rifles entertained the wealthy and extravagant lifestyles of the Glaoui rulers
looking down to the once immaculate gardens that supplied the palace with fresh vegetables and fruits and nuts such as pomegranates, apples, cherries, almonds, dates.....
where local parents dare not let their beautiful daughters be seen lest they be desired by the Glaoui and end up another possession in the palace harem never to be seen outside again!
..the Glaoui!...need to tell their tale - they ruled Southern Morocco and this was their headquarters.....
See the beauty of the Glaoui pasha's once over the top ornate palace of 1001 nights while you still can!
Beautiful area in the High Atlas below one of the highst mountain passes in Morocco - with beautiful valleys and deep cut rivers it gets tremendously cold in wintr but a great place to come to for cooler temperatures away from the heat of Marrakech and OUarzazate and the sahara.
Now the road that passed on through here to Ait Benhaddou, once the route of the caravans down to the sub-sahara and at best a road for 4x4 transport, has been bitumend for standard vehicles enjoy the beauty and sights of the old Glaoui kasbahs along the way..
- Pros:cooler when its too hot everywhere, an array of colours in the hills, berber villagers and villages amongst the picturesque countryside,quiet and remote but what you need to enjoy yourself is available, excellent walking and driving
- Cons:no internet connections!
- In a nutshell:a great photo opportunity
The area between Anmiter and Tamdaght or Ait Benhaddou is known as the Ounila valley - the Ounila river runs through it... more travel advice
As you wander about the ruins are the exciting little telltale signs of the beauty and grandeur that was here before us... more travel advice
- Storks of Telouet
- See All Fields of flowers around Telouet
- See All Locals who are now lying to get your...
- See All 11km further of lovely drive to stay at...
angiebabe's Related Pages
Telouet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rather lovely Telouet"
- "Telouet - Kasbah and (Magic) Carpets"
- "Wonderful kasbah"
- "Kasbah of Telouet"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Telouet
- Hotels in Telouet
- Transportation in Telouet
- Nightlife in Telouet
- Restaurants in Telouet
- Shopping in Telouet
- Warnings and Dangers in Telouet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Telouet
- 46 Reviews
- 243 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Telouet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Telouet
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Banged up abroad."
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Telouet travel pages
- updated a Telouet Travel Page "Rather lovely Telouet"
- Uploaded a Photo to "They've tarsealed the road to Ait Benhaddou!!"
- Wrote a Review They've tarsealed the road to Ait Benhaddou!! in Telouet Things to Do
Photos in TelouetSee All Photos (243)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 425 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues