"Awesome awesome Petra" Petra by angiebabe

Petra Travel Guide: 987 reviews and 2,536 photos

• Pros:amazing - awesome - stunning - heart, mind and soul moving - a most deserved 7th wonder of the world! - a must see - a whole days worth and more!
  • Last visit to Petra: Oct 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2009

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM

my friend raved about Petra

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Jan 30, 2014 at 5:48 AM

i had no idea it was so much more than just some buildings in the rocks lol! took lots of pics and didnt make many tips...theres still the roman ruins that need to go in here too. and then of course there was Wadi Rhum which was really beautiful.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Beautiful Petra! Your tips and photos bring back good memories, and I can't believe it is already more than eleven years since I visited.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Excellent page Angela bringing back memory about this magnificent place! You even climbed up above the city of Petra. I can imagine how beautiful it looks from there...

Read more: Petra Favorite Tips by angiebabe

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Great information and photos on Petra. I'm trying to better understand the site before my trip in December. Would love to see the painted ceiling you've captured in your photos. Cheers!

• regina.williams's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Its really amazing .................

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM

This really does look like an awesome destination -- no wonder everybody gets excited by the first sighting of the Treasury! And I love your photos of Nabatean art at Little Petra, too.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Excellent page on Petra, Angie. We are visiting in Feb/March 2010 and I am looking forward to that. Superb photos, as usual.

• Jun 6, 2009 at 7:31 AM

another beautiful place, thanks Angie!

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Did you see Indiana Jones? (lol) It's a destination I'm dreaming for. Hope to go there one day !

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2009 at 3:12 AM

This hotel reminds me of the hotel we stayed in in Venice!! Water all over the bedroom floor from the shower...horrible place, booked by our travel agent who had never been there.. you learn!!

angiebabe

“be prepared, be respectful, try the food, meet the people, walk, walk, walk, keep your eyes open and take your camera”

Badges & Stats in Petra