"King Herods Palace and St Stephens church" Mukawir by angiebabe
Mukawir Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos
Here was found the 'most ancient' mosaic in Jordan - the mosaic from the baths of King Herod the Great's palace here at Mukawir from the 1st century BC.
- Pros:absolutely historic ancient site - King Herods Palace when Salome danced!!
- Cons:takes quite a while to drive this winding road to get here - but worth it
angiebabe's Related Pages
Mukawir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mukawir / King Herod's hilltop palace of Machearus"
- "Al Mukawir"
- "King Herods Palace and St Stephens church"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mukawir
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Mukawir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mukawir
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 106 reviews, 416 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 23 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues