"Life in London" angiebabe's Profile
Well I moved from this lovely spot looking over this park 4 and a half years ago - so a new page and new look is well and truly on the cards!!?? I still live in the general vicinity so am back up here fairly often but a good change and a good dustup is as good as a holiday they say!..so will find how to save this page elsewhere and have a whole new look here of what my travels have meant to be so far done up in a nice arrangement ha ha!???
# Amazing! 30,000 views! If I had known who was making that lucky 30,000th occasion I'd have rigged something special like a lucky diversion to one of my travelpages to rate some tips or something! Thanks though VT for enabling the last 6 and half a years!
I came to London from Sydney in June 2000 - had visited here with my mother for our very first trip to Europe in Oct 1999 following on from an excellent tour around Turkey with 110 Aussies and Kiwis for 2 weeks to grande finale with an international meeting of 10,000 to praise and worship in the amphitheatre at Ephesus - another priviliged experience in my life! - and then about 70 of us continued on to Israel
- and then from back in Istanbul we went on to the UK for 4 weeks.
Saw too much of Scotland and Ireland and the fens area of England that we ran out time and had to make do with only 4 days to jam in the continent - 4 days in France and Switzerland whetted my appetite so for a big international christian nurses conference in Edinburgh in 2000 and the 10 yearly event of the passion play at Oberammegau also being on in 2000 I returned with the opportunity to stay and work as well - supplement all those ideas financially too.
I travelled for 2 and half months until starting work 11th September 2000 (what an anniversary to share!) walking to work and all over London from the places I lived - started off at West Norwood with a nurse cousin for 3 weeks then to Fulham 4 months with a houseload of aussie and kiwi nurses, and then to Lancaster Gate with a bunch of wild spanish girls!
Then moved with an Iranian landlady in an apartment right on top of the big 24 hour Tesco up at Earls Court! and then to here where i had some South African friends at Wandsworth - all these areas have taken me through the lovely parks that London is great on - that was way back in 2001 and i am still here.
but what a God blessed spot, i will show you some pics of our lovely spot - our flat on the 3rd floor of a 19 floor building faces right over a lovely park - and especially since renovations we can open our windows wide and its as if we are outside in it! we get all day sun and especially the sunsets. imagine - we could have been on the other side facing straight into dismal buildings and car park and shopping centre!
As i said we are in an excellent spot and have a lovely park right outside - its King Georges Park and has a lovely garden area with a large pond with its own family of swans and regular visits of ducks, geese, coots, water hens and even sea gulls.
From the park outside which changes dramatically and picturesquely with the seasons - i have my autumn colours shots, the blossoms and spring bulb flowers of spring shots, and even on the rare occasion when we have had snow i have some lovely winter shots of the whole park and pond covered in snow and ice! and of course right now lovely summer shots with the trees in full green and leafy foliage - an over abundance of shots!!
on a bit further is the regularly attended to rose garden, the flower garden area where flowers are repotted with the seasons - and tucked in amongst are the tennis courts and bowling green.
And quite a number of squirrels that seem very happy here!
Out a bit further are the playing fields and childrens playground and all lined by cherry trees that provide much colour in spring with their blossoms and huge chestnut trees so famous in england.
On further are even more playing fields for adults football - that the Brits are so mad about!
Not far to the famous Wimbledon tennis courts from here, in the direction of this photo in the distance, we have our own courts down below where we see the locals out in all weather and seasons playing tennis.
To the left are the football fields where in the evenings and weekends the footie buffs are out there doing what the Brits are so mad about!
Otherwise people are out strolling around, rollerblading or cycling, pushing baby strollers etc - and there is also a bowling green next to the tennis courts.
Then theres the gardeners and the local council who come around to check and tidy and replant etc!
Its all happening here in our park!!
In 2002 and just this week weve been pleasantly surprised by that lovely white stuff that is just becoming more and more a rarity here in London - something to go flying off to see these days - but it has happened that weve got snowfalls and what better place to see it than at home!!
Next to the excitement of seeing snow i just love spring - i love the spring look of trees in blossoms, bulb flowers in bloom such as daffodils, bluebells, snowdrops,hyacinths - all those spring highlights that so much make spring in England special.
And very blessed to have it so condensed as in our park over the road - not to overdo it course! but yes there are other excellent places around the UK to go see special spring, summer or autumn looks.
Personal Pages (10)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“be prepared, be respectful, try the food, meet the people, walk, walk, walk, keep your eyes open and take your camera”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 1 0 9
- Forum Rank:
- 0 0 0 2 9
- Real Name
- London, United Kingdom
- Member Since
- Oct 23, 2004
- 1,605 Reviews
- 8,015 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 1,605 Reviews
- 8,015 Photos
- 39 Countries
- 209 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Sad news..."
- Commented on one of davidjo's Puerto Princesa tips
- angiebabe and Cindyviet are now friends.
- updated a Ouzoud Travel Page "Cascades D'ouzoud - highest falls in North Africa"
- Commented on the Solomon Islands Warnings and Dangers travel guide
- Wrote a Review Air quality - or lack of it - be aware & take care in Xi'an Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting your umbrella fixed!"
updated their Profile Page "Life in London"
- Uploaded a Video to Tafraoute
VideosSee All Videos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 421 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 29 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos