"About me" jwilliams2005's Profile

My name is James Williams, and I am a retired US Navy, computer systems analyst, satellite technician, and entrepreneur. I have lived in the USA, Italy, Spain, Panama Central America, the Caribbean, Greece, Kuwayt, Iraq, and am now living in Brazil. I have visited or vacationed in; Gilbraltar, Malta, Portugal, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Belgium, Jeruselum the Bahamas, Columbia SA, England, France, Dubruvnik, Mexico, Turkey, Dubai and Bahrain. I like the sports of tennis, cycling, the Olympics, basketball, snorkeling, fishing and exercise. I also like fashion and interior design, and dining with excellent cuisine. I am also an avid music fan; jazz, samba, salsa, R&b and the calypso. In my opinion, life is what you have the desire to make of it. I have the desire to continue to explore exotic locations, travel and experience different cultures, because it is both gratifying rewarding.

One of the last really nice affairs that I attended while living in the United States. The Ebony Fashion Fair models were the most talented, graceful and exciting models that I have ever witnessed. The models and the show was fantastic !

One of the most rewarding traveling experiences for me was to drive from Sicily, Italy to Rota, Spain. I was ferried from the island of Sicily, then drove along the coast to Rome, Florence, Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Malaga, Spain; A most picturesque experience.

I really enjoyed living in Spain. I learned a lot from the culture and history of Spain. I lived in a community that was very respectful of others, and I could see the Atlantic Ocean from my balcony.

My favorite place to shop for leather is Florence, Italy. The prices are very good, and the restaurants are fantastic. I would catch an overnight train from Sicily to Tuscany, and in the morning, I was more than ready to go shopping. Florence lies on the Arno River and has a population of around 400,000 people, plus a suburban population in excess of 200,000 persons.
The best-known site and crowning architectural jewel of Florence is the domed cathedral of the city, Santa Maria del Fiore, known as The Duomo. It is one of the largest cathedrals in Europe.

Seville, has so many historical buildings. I was amazed at the structural quality. I once attended a play that was held in one of the oldest cathedrals in Europe "The Cathedral". History of Seville

Over its history Sevilla was occupied by the Fenecians, Greeks and Carthaginians. Later in 205 B.C. it was taken over by the Romans. It was during the Roman period that buildings such as the a 'Torre del Oro' were built. The Moors took over the city from the Romans during which time there was great cultural and economic expansion. Finally in 1248 king Fernando III de Castilla conquered the city and it became Christian once again

A great way to get a good overall impression of Malaga is to travel on the Official Malaga Tour Bus. The whole tour takes under one and a half hours and is well worth it at around 15 euros per adult. The Tour Bus ticket not only allows the enjoyment of taking in all the sights of the city, but it also offers a free voucher for bus transportation to the beautiful botanical gardens on the outskirts of Malaga, Jardines de la Concepcion, on the main road to Antequera.

My visit to Guadalajara, Mexico was very intriging and exciting. So much history and artistry.

• Intro Updated Jun 15, 2014

Personal Pages (1)

• SONG's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Scrooling though your homepage, I can see that no moss is growing under your feet!!! A true military soul with the wander lust. I am an Air Force brat and have lived in Europe for three years and traveled extensively also. Have always dreamed of visiting Brazil..........one day! Go for your dreams!

• jwilliams2005's Profile Photo
      Oct 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Thanks Song, for your comment. Enjoy life.....I wish you the best of happy times...

• Sienlu's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Happy birthday James!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2014 at 9:11 AM

James, wishing you a very happy birthday and a year crammed with exciting travel!

• Opondili01's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2013 at 7:17 AM

happy birthday

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hi James, hope you have a great birthday!

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Happy Birthday!

• connectingrod's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM

A BIRTHDAY is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.

• giampiero6's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I LOVE that hang gliding pic!

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Hi James - sending birthday wishes from India! Nice HP!

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Thank you for your comment & for my first birthday wish this year :) You just made me realized something so good is on its way :) I love your photo that's awesome. Greetings from Malta.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

jwilliams2005

“Adventurous global traveler loving life”

Real Name