"About me" jwilliams2005's Profile
My name is James and I am a positive and confident gentleman who appreciates my blessings each and every day. I am a retired US Navy, computer systems analyst and satellite technician, and entreprenuer. I have lived in Italy, Spain, Panama SA, the Caribbean, and Greece. I have visited or vacationed in; Gilbraltar, Malta, Portugal, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Belgium, the Bahamas, Columbia SA, England, France, Dubruvnik, Mexico, Dubai and Bahrain. I like the sports of tennis, cycling, the olympics, basketball, snorkeling, fishing and exercise. I also like fashion and interior design. I am also an advid music fan; jazz, samba, salsa, R&b and the calypso. In my opinion, life is what you have the desire to make of it. I will continue to travel and experience different cultures, because it is a most gratifying reward.
One of the last really nice affairs that I attended while living in the United States. The Ebony Fashion Fair models were the most talented, graceful and exciting models that I have ever witnessed. The models and the show was fantastic !
One of the most rewarding traveling experiences for me was to drive from Sicily, Italy to Rota, Spain. I was ferried from the island of Sicily, then drove along the coast to Rome, Florence, Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Malaga, Spain; A most picturesque experience.
I really enjoyed living in Spain. I learned a lot from the culture and history of Spain. I lived in a community that was very respectful of others, and I could see the Atlantic Ocean from my balcony.
My favorite place to shop for leather is Florence, Italy. The prices are very good, and the restaurants are fantastic. I would catch an overnight train from Sicily to Tuscany, and in the morning, I was more than ready to go shopping. Florence lies on the Arno River and has a population of around 400,000 people, plus a suburban population in excess of 200,000 persons.
The best-known site and crowning architectural jewel of Florence is the domed cathedral of the city, Santa Maria del Fiore, known as The Duomo. It is one of the largest cathedrals in Europe.
Seville, has so many historical buildings. I was amazed at the structural quality. I once attended a play that was held in one of the oldest cathedrals in Europe "The Cathedral". History of Seville
Over its history Sevilla was occupied by the Fenecians, Greeks and Carthaginians. Later in 205 B.C. it was taken over by the Romans. It was during the Roman period that buildings such as the a 'Torre del Oro' were built. The Moors took over the city from the Romans during which time there was great cultural and economic expansion. Finally in 1248 king Fernando III de Castilla conquered the city and it became Christian once again
A great way to get a good overall impression of Malaga is to travel on the Official Malaga Tour Bus. The whole tour takes under one and a half hours and is well worth it at around 15 euros per adult. The Tour Bus ticket not only allows the enjoyment of taking in all the sights of the city, but it also offers a free voucher for bus transportation to the beautiful botanical gardens on the outskirts of Malaga, Jardines de la Concepcion, on the main road to Antequera.
My visit to Guadalajara, Mexico was very intriging and exciting. So much history and artistry.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 55 Reviews
- 389 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "Re: Should I stay in Flamengo"
- Commented on hmoitta's profile page
- jwilliams2005 and Opondili01 are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "About me"
- Wrote a Review The worlds tallest building in Dubai Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The worlds tallest building"
- updated a Rio de Janeiro Travelogue "Feliz Ano Novo 2010"
- Uploaded a Video to Rio de Janeiro
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 6 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 12 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bùzios Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuwayt Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Guadalajara Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bahrain Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22499 Reviews - 55073 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos