"Easter Island" Easter Island by Slightly1
Easter Island Travel Guide: 628 reviews and 1,507 photos
You first realize how isolated this Island is when shortly after you takeoff from Santiago, the little Aeroplane on the screen that indicates your position sits on a sea of blue and stays that way for five hours.
You then land on one of the largest runways in the southerner hemisphere, built by the Americans in case they have to ring down the shuttle in the middle of the pacific. You are now 3300km/2000mi from the nearset population.
If you intend to visit this Majestic and Mysterious Island do it now. It reminds me of Machu picchu ten fifteen years ago before the hordes came. They are already starting to build its first 5 star hotel. It’s not cheap to get there but if you want to experience the mystery, isolation magic and magnificence of an almost lost civilization this is the place to do it.
Slightly1's Related Pages
Easter Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Easter Island - Rapa Nui"
- "Easter Island and the Stone Heads"
- "Mysteries and moai"
- "Rapa Nui - a very special feeling"
- "Easter Island - The Most Remote Frontier On Earth"
- "An Island of Legend, Beauty, and Mystery"
- "wadekorzan's new Easter Island Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Easter Island
- Hotels in Easter Island
- Transportation in Easter Island
- Nightlife in Easter Island
- Restaurants in Easter Island
- Shopping in Easter Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Easter Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Easter Island
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Easter Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Easter Island
Top 10 Pages
- Argentina Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Spain Intro, 3 photos
- Brazil Intro, 3 photos
- Egypt Intro, 3 photos
- Peru Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- South Africa Intro, 2 photos
- Europe Intro, 1 photo
- North America Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.