Ochsenfurt Hotel Tips by aaaarrgh
Ochsenfurt Hotels: 13 reviews and 2 photos
Unique Qualities: Hotel Bären is at the far Northeast end of Hauptstrasse, next to another of Ochsenfurt's tower's - the Obere Tor - and 100m from the train station.
I've only stopped there to have a meal, but regular travellers recommend the place as the nicest, if not quite the cheapest hotel in town. The owner and staff were all very efficient and friendly and the food was superb when I visited.
Around 45 euros for a single room, breakfast included. Large private carpark adjacent.
Address: Hauptstrasse, 74
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Edge of town centre, next to the tall, square, cream coloured tower. Close to Ochsenfurt railway station.
Phone: 90331 8660
Unique Qualities: To my knowledge, none of the ancient towers around Ochsenfurt's town walls are open to the public. Such a shame! That is, except for one, which houses the town's Youth Hostel!! It occupies the sixteenth-century Klingenturm and the house attached to it.
Prices for a bed are around 20 euros for adults. German Youth Hostels charge you a fair bit more if you are not a member of the Youth Hostel Association. Breakfast extra.
Details at http://www.jugendherberge.de/
Address: Hauptstrasse, 1, Ochsenfurt
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Tall pink tower on west approach to the town
Phone: 09331 2666
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (9)
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Ochsenfurt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ochsenfurt ~ historic walled town on the Main"
- "OCHSENFURT- ANOTHER GEM OF A TOWN!"
- "Ochsenfurt: a nice small town"
- "A city on the Main River"
- "Old Ochsenfurt"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ochsenfurt
- Hotels in Ochsenfurt
- Transportation in Ochsenfurt
- Restaurants in Ochsenfurt
- Warnings and Dangers in Ochsenfurt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ochsenfurt
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Ochsenfurt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ochsenfurt
- Posted in Travel Cardiff Forum "Re: Pub Lunch - Cardiff Bay?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The influence of the River Main"
- updated a Ochsenfurt Travel Page "Ochsenfurt ~ historic walled town on the Main"
- Wrote a Review Destruction of the Old Bridge!! in Ochsenfurt Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of lonestar_philomath's Ochsenfurt travel pages
Photos in OchsenfurtSee All Photos (16)
Read real reviews about Ochsenfurt Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue