"Gloucester ~ historic inland port" Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester by aaaarrgh
Gloucester Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 246 photos
Doctor Foster went to Gloucester
In a shower of rain
He fell in a puddle
Right up to his middle
And never went there again
...as the well-known nursery rhyme goes.
Unfortunately, in this instance, I went to Gloucester during a freak spell of thick, damp, freezing fog!!
- Pros:Pleasant, walkable, historic city
- Cons:Deep puddles?
Miles inland, far from the sea, but Queen Elizabeth I declared Gloucester a 'port' in 1580. In 1827 an 18 mile stretch... more travel advice
Ok, this is not a restaurant but a takeaway shop. And Gloucestershire is not Cornwall. But anyway, the Falmouth Pasty... more travel advice
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Gloucester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glorious Gloucester"
- "Gloucester ~ historic inland port"
- "Gloucester: Jewel of the Cotswolds"
- "National Canal Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gloucester
- Hotels in Gloucester
- Transportation in Gloucester
- Restaurants in Gloucester
- Shopping in Gloucester
- Warnings and Dangers in Gloucester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gloucester
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Gloucester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gloucester
- Posted in Travel Cardiff Forum "Re: Pub name reminder"
- Commented on one of Janani's Gloucester travel pages
- Wrote a Review Inland port on the River Severn in Gloucester Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Inland port on the River Severn"
- updated a Gloucester Travel Page "Gloucester ~ historic inland port"
Photos in GloucesterSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue