"Hereford ~ Mappa Mundi ~ Closed Sundi" Top 5 Page for this destination Hereford by aaaarrgh
Hereford Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 134 photos
Trust my luck, I decided to take a day trip to Hereford on a Sunday and found all the attractions closed. Including the churches :-))
OK, I exaggerate a bit. There were plenty of shops open for the Christmas shoppers. Hereford Cathedral was open and well worth the visit, though the impressive tower was covered with scaffolding. But the famous 'chained library' with its Mappa Mundi was shut. As was the Tourist Information Office, Hereford Museum, Art Gallery, the "Old House" and Cider Museum.
So avoid Sundays between October and March ~ Hereford is closed to tourists. Visit on Saturday instead and make sure you drink lots of perry pear cider!!
- Pros:Pleasant city with worthwhile attractions...
- Cons:...many of which are closed on Sunday
Herefordshire is one of England's cider counties. It is particularly noted for growing 'Perry' pears for pear cider ~... more travel advice
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Hereford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Olde English Hereford"
- "Amongst the orchards lies a place of pilgrimage..."
- "Nice cathedral city in a pretty corner of England"
- "Hereford ~ Mappa Mundi ~ Closed Sundi"
- "A Friendly Place"
- "Cathedral City or Market Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hereford
- Hotels in Hereford
- Transportation in Hereford
- Restaurants in Hereford
- Warnings and Dangers in Hereford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hereford
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Hereford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hereford
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue