"Tyddewi - tiny little city in a corner of Wales" Saint Davids by aaaarrgh
Saint Davids Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 58 photos
St Davids is supposed to be thirteen miles and thirteen hills from the nearest big town, Haverfordwest. It is on a peninsula north of the ancient 'Landsker Line', pointing towards the Atlantic.
Well, when you enter St Davids (Tyddewi... rhymes with doughy) you may easily think it is a large village. In fact it is the smallest city in Wales. St David is the patron saint of Wales and this ...ahem... city is the location for his ancient cathedral.
St David's not only has its large cathedral, but also a Bishop's Palace. And plenty of charming shops and art galleries.
Head along the winding lanes to the coast for beautiful coves, beaches and St Non's Chapel.
Also check my Solva Page, just down the coast.
- Pros:Picturesque, beautiful scenery, splendid cathedral
- Cons:A long way away from everywhere. Fills with tourists sometimes.
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Saint Davids Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St David's Pembrokeshire"
- "The Smallest City"
- "Two go camping in St Davids"
- "Tyddewi - tiny little city in a corner of Wales"
- "St. Davids"
- "St. David's, Wales.....coming soon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Davids
- Restaurants in Saint Davids
- Shopping in Saint Davids
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Davids
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Saint Davids?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Davids
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue