"Picturesque Harbour Village" Solva by aaaarrgh
Solva Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
Solva is at the bottom of a steep valley about 12 miles west of Haverfordwest on the A470 to St Davids. Or rather, this is Lower Solva. If you continue up the other side of the valley, you will soon reach the larger village of Upper Solva, with its post office, grocery store and chapel.
Lower Solva is the place to visit. Solva has a harbour, a long sheltered inlet, with boats, yachts and an active fishing trawler. It is on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path and an excellent stopping point if you are walking by. There are several craft shops and art galleries, a large gift shop, three pubs in Lower Solva. The Ship Inn is a pleasant traditional pub – it has a drawing of mine on its wall!!
Next stop west from Solva is St Davids, the smallest city in Britain. This is where the majority of tourists are heading! One and half miles in the opposite direction along the valley bottom is Middle Mill, which has a Woolen Mill and cafe.
I took the aerial photograph (above) from a small plane when I was a teenager!!
Recently Solva has launched its own website with links to all attractions.
It is the product of the Solva Business Group, so do not expect useful things like maps. But you will get an idea of what is there.
- Pros:I used to live there ;-)
- Cons:My dreadful faded sketch on the wall of the Ship Inn :-))
- In a nutshell:Good place to stop for walking, eating, relaxing...
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Solva Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Solva
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Solva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Solva
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue