"Hilltop town on the Costa Tropical" Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar by aaaarrgh
Almuñécar Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 150 photos
One of the 'white villages' on the Costa Tropical, east of Malaga. There is actually quite a bit to see and do here. Apparently far cheaper than Nerja, its prettier, more famous neighbour along the coast.
At the top of the town is its Castillo, which contains an interesting museum of Almunecar's history. And we are talking about lots of history here, Phoenician, Roman, Arab and sixteenth century Christian.
- Pros:Some pretty streets and interesting attractions.
- Cons:Some ugly streets. The beaches have pebbles not sand.
- In a nutshell:A pleasant, white, hilltop, seaside town. Worth a visit.
Almunecar has one of the more splendid Oficina de Tourismo in the region! It is located in a wonderful, multicoloured... more travel advice
Of course Almunecar is on the coast and has several beaches, divided by a high, rocky headland. You can climb up 'Penos... more travel advice
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Almuñécar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hilltop town on the Costa Tropical"
- "Chilled out Spanish coastal town..."
- "Almunecar - great break"
- "Some Roman bits and a good castle......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almuñécar
- Hotels in Almuñécar
- Transportation in Almuñécar
- Nightlife in Almuñécar
- Restaurants in Almuñécar
- Shopping in Almuñécar
- Warnings and Dangers in Almuñécar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Almuñécar
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Almuñécar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almuñécar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue