"Barcelona - capital city with attitude" Barcelona by aaaarrgh
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,770 reviews and 22,676 photos
Barcelona is the Capital of Catalunya and you can often hear Catalan being spoken. Barcelona is proud of its independence from Madrid.
Whenever I visit Barcelona I think of George Orwell's "Homage to Catalonia". Barcelona was draped with the red and black anarchist flags as they fought the fascists of General Franco in the 1936 Civil War.
Since the 1992 Olympics Bracelona has reinvented itself. There are new art galleries, new public squares and much public art.
A walk down La Ramblas is a must! It is awash with newspaper, flower, souvenir and animal stalls. All trendy cities (Cardiff for example) say how they would like to have their own Ramblas tree-lined shopping street.
- Pros:Vibrant capital city with a new sense of pride.
- Cons:can still be rough and smelly in places
- In a nutshell:See Pro's above!
Barcelona's graffiti artists are very well organised and proud of their work. I was surprised to find they have their... more travel advice
Three of us and two children stayed at Hostal Ramos for a few nights. It is a nice basic hotel wrapped around an inner... more travel advice
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Barcelona - capital city with attitude"
- Posted in Travel Cardiff Forum "Re: Pub Lunch - Cardiff Bay?"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Barcelona travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "MACBA Modern Art Gallery, very white!!"
- Wrote a Review Graffiti - Barcelona's FREE art exhibition about Graffiti in Barcelona Things to Do
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue