"Copenhagen - so civilised but expensive!" Copenhagen by aaaarrgh
Copenhagen Travel Guide: 3,997 reviews and 10,043 photos
Visited Copenhagen for 7 days with fellow students from Cardiff University. Involved a fair bit of advance research and planning - there are lots of things to see in Copenhagen. It is a pedestrian and bicycle orientated city and is a shame to rush it!
Took a boat ride around the harbour on the first afternoon. It was a good way to see the Little Mermaid.
Spent three whole days cycling around on a lurid red 'city bike'. That is a 'must' for any visitor - it was super to have such a bike friendly city after spending my whole adult life dodging traffic and abuse in not-so-bike-friendly Cardiff! But gosh was I saddle sore afterwards...
One day was spent in Malmö, Sweden, which involved taking the train across the incredible Øresund bridge.
I spent a Saturday at Louisiana, the labyrinthine modern art gallery at Humlebæk. Great views of Sweden on a clear day, very picturesque and tranquil. And superb art collection.
- Pros:Super city for walking and cycling
- Cons:Its the most expensive place I've ever visited (yes, more than Britain!)
- In a nutshell:Super city overall. Shows what can be done with a bit of love and attention!!
Maybe, like me, you will ask yourself why the canal boats in Copenhagen are this strange shape. Well, all I can say to... more travel advice
Thorvaldsen's Museum is next to the Christiansborg Palace and the Parliament Buildings. Bertel Thorvaldsen was a Dane... more travel advice
- The (very) Little Mermaid
- See All Journey begins and ends here~ Central...
- "FREE Museum Day"
- Church by Sydney Opera House architect
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Copenhagen, a "suburb" to Valby..."
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 17 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
- Posted in Travel Cardiff Forum "Re: Pub Lunch - Cardiff Bay?"
- Commented on one of poons's Copenhagen travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Quiet, inexpensive B&B with character"
- Wrote a Review Watch your head!!!! in Copenhagen Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Copenhagen Travel Page "Copenhagen - so civilised but expensive!"
Photos in CopenhagenSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue