"Bayonne ~ Ville du chocolat... sluuurp!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bayonne by aaaarrgh
Bayonne Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 153 photos
Currently my favorite French city! For the whole of my stay here and didn't hear or speak a word of English (except in the Tourist Information Office).
Bayonne is also very proud of its Basque heritage, which I can appreciate, coming from the small nation of Wales. And did I mention the Chocolate Museum?!
Straddling two rivers, this is an incredibly picturesque city with some great shopping and plenty of culture.
- Pros:Incredibly pretty. Chocolate. Strong identity.
- Cons:Almost 40 degrees celsius when I was there... phew!!
The Porte d'Espagne originally led out of the city towards Spain, hence the name. Today it leads to one of the city's... more travel advice
Musee Bonnat has a collection of paintings including some big names, such as Goya, Rubens and Gericault. Also some... more travel advice
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Bayonne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bayonne ~ Ville du chocolat... sluuurp!"
- "In the heart of the Cote Basque"
- "Red & Green Shutters..."
- "typical houses in the old bayonne"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayonne
- Hotels in Bayonne
- Transportation in Bayonne
- Restaurants in Bayonne
- Shopping in Bayonne
- Warnings and Dangers in Bayonne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayonne
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Bayonne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayonne
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue