"Ville jolie pas loin de Paris" Montfort-l'Amaury by aaaarrgh
Montfort-l'Amaury Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 2 photos
Montfort L'Amaury is a pretty, well-to-do town filled with narrow medieval streets and wide avenues. And a very grand church. It is surrounded by beautiful woodland, great walking country. It reminded me of the rollling hills of the South Downs in England.
Around 30 minutes by train from Paris, as far as I can remember, though the train station is a mile or two north of the town.
I spent a great Christmas in Montfort, cooking a makeshift Christmas dinner in a tiny electric oven. In contrast to the gaudy decorations of the UK, Montfort had a far more tasteful collection of stars in simple white. A perfect compliment ot the natural cream and brown colours of the old houses and shops.
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Montfort-l'Amaury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medeival France just a train ride from Paris"
- "Ville jolie pas loin de Paris"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montfort-l'Amaury
- Transportation in Montfort-l'Amaury
- Restaurants in Montfort-l'Amaury
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Montfort-l'Amaury
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Montfort-l'Amaury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montfort-l'Amaury
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue