"Pau ~ as in 'Go'" Top 5 Page for this destination Pau by aaaarrgh
Pau Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 852 photos
The English middle classes have been coming here regularly since the early 1800's. The bracing climate from the nearby Pyrenees helped cure their pasty complexions. It certainly worked for moi ;-)
Pau was proud to have France's first openly gay mayor, who had a big impact on the city. Unfortunately he died in March 2006, after several decades in office.
- Pros:Busy city, pretty architecture, good shopping, brave politicians
- Cons:Maybe not everyone wants to find an 'English' city in France
Pau built its own grand promenade to rival the rich seaside resorts of the Mediterrannean and Atlantic. But the views... more travel advice
The Musee des Beaux Arts is one of the nicest city art galleries I have come across, certainly the best in Department... more travel advice
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Pau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pyrénées, Henri IV, the city: all this is Pau!"
- "Capital de Béarn"
- "A Quiet City Now A University Town"
- "Pau ~ as in 'Go'"
- "Lakes on a day hike near the Pic du Midi d’Ossau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pau
- Hotels in Pau
- Transportation in Pau
- Nightlife in Pau
- Restaurants in Pau
- Shopping in Pau
- Warnings and Dangers in Pau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pau
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Pau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue