"Historic County of Oxfordshire" Top 5 Page for this destination Oxfordshire by aaaarrgh
Oxfordshire Travel Guide: 1,477 reviews and 3,183 photos
Filled with everything quintessentially 'English' - Oxford's spires, River Thames, Blenheim Palace, the rolling hills of the Cotswolds, the Ridgeway path and the White Horse, picturesque market towns with timber framed houses, villages wrapped around ancient greens, pubs, real ale, Morris Dancers...
Also home of industrial history and commerce - MG and Morris car production, Great Western Railway, Didcot Power Station...
My pages are more about Oxfordshire than the city of Oxford. Oxford, of course, is famous for its University, Cathedral, museums, gardens and medieval history. There are plenty of VT pages on Oxford at:
- Pros:Beautiful English towns and villages, 4000 years of history, Oxford
- Cons:It sometimes feels like only rich London commuters can afford to live in the nice bits!!
- In a nutshell:Oxford is great but there is far more to the county.
Maybe this should be 'Off the Beaten Path', Kelmscott is difficult to reach without a car. However, it is a tranquil,... more travel advice
Blewbury lies cross the fields from East Hagbourne and a couple of miles from Didcot and the main A34 road. It is an... more travel advice
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Oxfordshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic County of Oxfordshire"
- "Country Houses & Thatched Roof Villages"
- "A glimpse at some Cotswold villages"
- "BLENHEIM PALACE"
- "Oxford, is there any other university?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oxfordshire
- Hotels in Oxfordshire
- Transportation in Oxfordshire
- Nightlife in Oxfordshire
- Restaurants in Oxfordshire
- Shopping in Oxfordshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Oxfordshire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oxfordshire
- 30 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Oxfordshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oxfordshire
- Posted in Travel Cardiff Forum "Re: Pub Lunch - Cardiff Bay?"
- updated a Oxfordshire Travel Page "Historic County of Oxfordshire"
- Wrote a Review Kelmscott ~ William Morris's Rural Retreat in Oxfordshire Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kelmscott ~ William Morris's Rural Retreat"
- Commented on one of WorldXplorer's Oxfordshire travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue