"Castles, Forests, Cliffs and Sea" Dumfries and Galloway by aaaarrgh
Dumfries and Galloway Travel Guide: 382 reviews and 834 photos
Missed by many people as they go straight to Glasgow, Edinburgh and the proper Scottish Highlands, Dumfries and Galloway is quite charming.
This area may be described as the Scottish Lowlands but the lumpy bits are still quite high by English and Welsh standards. Like the Brecon Beacons on steroids.
Galloway includes the most southern point in Scotland. It has historic towns like Dumfries and busy ports such as Stranraer.
I was impressed by the wonderful array of wildlife. You can still find red squirrels living in the forests around Newton Stewart. The Mull of Galloway is quite tremendous for its seabirds and wild coast.
- In a nutshell:Another special corner of Scotland to be explored
If you are passing though Whithorn, why not check out the 'sensory garden' and grass-roofed shelter next to the Whithorn... more travel advice
If you come to Dumfriesshire by train, or major bus service from England, I expect Dumfries will be your arrival... more travel advice
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Dumfries and Galloway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dumfries and Galloway"
- "Dumfries and Galloway Again and Again"
- "Dumfries & Galloway-easily missed never forgotten"
- "DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY"
- "Castles, Forests, Cliffs and Sea"
- "Kirkcudbright Visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dumfries and Galloway
- Hotels in Dumfries and Galloway
- Transportation in Dumfries and Galloway
- Nightlife in Dumfries and Galloway
- Restaurants in Dumfries and Galloway
- Shopping in Dumfries and Galloway
- Warnings and Dangers in Dumfries and Galloway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dumfries and Galloway
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Dumfries and Galloway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dumfries and Galloway
Photos in Dumfries and GallowaySee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue