" Aaaarrgh ~ still logging in to VT!! " aaaarrgh's Profile
Still logging in to Virtual Tourist after eight years... I'm beginning to feel like a veteran, argh!
I joined VT to tell you honestly about places, things and experiences I really like (or hate). That means I don't write about places I have not visited, unlike some members. So, if you ever find an overload of unnecessary information on my pages, copied at will from other websites or guidebooks... or endless holiday snaps... or if I begin to sound like I am employed by the local Tourist Board, then you have permission to shoot me on sight.
Please 'rate' my tips if you find them useful and/or entertaining. It helps me think all the work has been appreciated. Don't believe anyone that says they aren't bothered about ratings ;o)
Over a number of years now I have compiled a list of Virtual Tourist members who were visual artists, quite often travel related. This was thanks mainly to a small number of enthusiastic, like-minded VT friends. There are a fair number of creative members on Virtual Tourist. Below is the list of VT painters, sketchers, embroiderers etc. It will be a list of members who currently display their creative genius somewhere on their VT pages.
A special mention should go to Fred Siwak (VT member PALS) who, having been diagnosed with a debilitating illness, has still managed to successfully get his art photographed in ALL countries in the World!! His pages have been updated with the help of VT artist catalysta.
STOP PRESS: Sadly Fred passed away in July 2010. But his demonstration of tenacity and ambition will be an inspiration to many people!
Here comes the list...
2-day (BE), 2wadegrnt (US), aaaarrgh (WAL), Alex-Perth (AU), Ann75 (CA), antonela (RSA), aquamantos (ENG), arty_girl (NIR), Ballyshagen (US), Beausoleil (US)*NEW*, birgitte (PH), birsen (ES), blint (ES), bluedeep (US), bsoucek (WAL), catalysta (US), cowieindc (US), edith626 (US), eugene.uk (ENG), florry (IE), funnybee (CA), gilabrand (IL), GrandmaR (US), Gwynethart (US), highlandlaura (US), j-san (JP), Katmosphere (US), Janeblue (PL), jeffmartinartist (AU), Jenniflower (ENG), Lady_Mystique (CA), Makart (PK), maritagnes (NO), nicolettart (US), painter123 (US), painterdave (IT), PALS (US), Parisforless (FR), phildeni (US), poons (ENG), ray_d (AU), roz.van (NIR), saccharinicity (US), Sir Richard (ES),
tiny58de (DE), tropicalbirdartist (US), unravelau (AU)
The total is creeping up slowly, now standing at 47! Those highlighted in BOLD have travel-related art. If you come across any others with their art in display, then I'd love to be able to increase the list.
'Tintern Abbey - Tintern and the Wye Valley'
And new tips:
Cardiff, Wales... 'The city of greedy Seagulls'
Oxfordshire, England... 'Kelmscott ~ William Morris's Rural Retreat'
Wales... 'Caerleon ~ well preserved Roman town'
Life's been busy so I haven't had a decent holiday for a long time. But I'm looking forward to a few days in Amsterdam (my second trip) in mid February 2012.
Berlin is also on my list, hopefully I'll get there too before the year is out!
Personal Pages (5)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 533 Reviews
- 936 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 55 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
- Commented on one of DAO's Derry/Londonderry tips
- Posted in Travel United Kingdom Forum "Re: Are train advance tickets..."
- Wrote a Review Ye Old Murenger Pub in Newport Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ye Old Murenger Pub"
- updated a Newport Travel Page "Newport - Wales' newest city"
updated their Profile Page " Aaaarrgh ~ still logging in to VT!! "
- aaaarrgh and birgitte are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos