" Aaaarrgh ~ still logging in to VT!! " aaaarrgh's Profile
Still logging in to Virtual Tourist after nine years... though increasingly infrequently!
I joined VT to tell you honestly about places, things and experiences I really like (or hate). That means I don't write about places I have not visited, unlike some members. So, if you ever find an overload of unnecessary information on my pages, copied at will from other websites or guidebooks... or endless holiday snaps... or if I begin to sound like I am employed by the local Tourist Board, then you have permission to shoot me on sight.
Please 'rate' my tips if you find them useful and/or entertaining. It helps me think all the work has been appreciated. Don't believe anyone that says they aren't bothered about ratings ;o)
Over a number of years now I have compiled a list of Virtual Tourist members who were visual artists, quite often travel related. This was thanks mainly to a small number of enthusiastic, like-minded VT friends. There are a fair number of creative members on Virtual Tourist. Below is the list of VT painters, sketchers, embroiderers etc. It will be a list of members who currently display their creative genius somewhere on their VT pages.
A special mention should go to Fred Siwak (VT member PALS) who, having been diagnosed with a debilitating illness, has still managed to successfully get his art photographed in ALL countries in the World!! His pages have been updated with the help of VT artist catalysta.
STOP PRESS: Sadly Fred passed away in July 2010. But his demonstration of tenacity and ambition will be an inspiration to many people!
Here comes the list...
2-day (BE), 2wadegrnt (US), aaaarrgh (WAL), Alex-Perth (AU), Ann75 (CA), antonela (RSA), aquamantos (ENG), arty_girl (NIR), Ballyshagen (US), Beausoleil (US), birgitte (PH), birsen (ES), blint (ES), bluedeep (US), bsoucek (WAL), catalysta (US), cowieindc (US), edith626 (US), eugene.uk (ENG), florry (IE), funnybee (CA), gilabrand (IL), GrandmaR (US), Gwynethart (US), highlandlaura (US), j-san (JP), Katmosphere (US), Janeblue (PL), jeffmartinartist (AU), Jenniflower (ENG), Lady_Mystique (CA), Makart (PK), maritagnes (NO), nicolettart (US), painter123 (US), painterdave (IT), PALS (US), Parisforless (FR), phildeni (US), poons (ENG), ray_d (AU), roz.van (NIR), saccharinicity (US), Sir Richard (ES),
tiny58de (DE), tropicalbirdartist (US), unravelau (AU)
The total is creeping up slowly, now standing at 47! Those highlighted in BOLD have travel-related art. If you come across any others with their art in display, then I'd love to be able to increase the list.
Well, as I have just returned from a whistle-stop tour of Bratislava, Vienna and Wuerzburg, I haven't thought that far ahead. Though I have a mini-trip planned to see the industrial heritage of Ironbridge, England, in February 2014.
Personal Pages (5)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 539 Reviews
- 955 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 57 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
updated their Profile Page " Aaaarrgh ~ still logging in to VT!! "
- Posted in Travel Cardiff Forum "Re: Pub name reminder"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The influence of the River Main"
- updated a Ochsenfurt Travel Page "Ochsenfurt ~ historic walled town on the Main"
- Wrote a Review MUMOK - great art and architecture too about Museum Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien - MUMOK in Vienna Things to Do
- Commented on one of Jetgirly's Bratislava travel pages
- aaaarrgh and birgitte are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 60 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bristol Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ludlow Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- England Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Newport Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Granada Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue