"Ta Lad Nam AmPhaWa!*" Amphawa by Wann

Amphawa Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos

The afternoon floating market

Most oversea visitors go to the famous DamnoenSaduag floating market but here I visited another one, real market, so nice in relaxing atmosphere. It is Amphawa floating market. It’s different from other floating market as it operates in the late afternoon and last till the evening and only on weekend Friday to Sunday.

Amphawa is a lovely place. I enjoyed so much the local food, many Thai food and Thai sweet dessert. There is some nice small places as a look of coffee shop or small restaurant along the canal, some set up on footpath beside canal. I saw many visitor sit and enjoy the lively view beside the canal. It’s get more lively when the sun nearly goes down. Many boats carry local food, vegetable, and fruit for selling. Another popular activity can be seen there is a boat tour which operate day and night. Here this place I still see almost visitors is Thai.

To get here, just drive one hour down south of Bangkok in the area go to Samut Songkhram province, the floating market is in the area of Wat Amphawan Jatiyaram temple.

See more detail at my Samut Songkhram page.

• Last visit to Amphawa: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2007

• travelpug's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2008 at 8:05 AM

I like your pictures. I recently visited Amphawa and really liked it. I agree with you that it is very relaxing and serene. But I didn't see the afternoon floating market because I went too early. I will return to Amphawa in the future.

Wann

“Life is what you make it.”

Badges & Stats in Amphawa

Have you been to Amphawa?

Latest Activity in Amphawa