"Ta Lad Nam AmPhaWa!*" Amphawa by Wann
Amphawa Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Most oversea visitors go to the famous DamnoenSaduag floating market but here I visited another one, real market, so nice in relaxing atmosphere. It is Amphawa floating market. It’s different from other floating market as it operates in the late afternoon and last till the evening and only on weekend Friday to Sunday.
Amphawa is a lovely place. I enjoyed so much the local food, many Thai food and Thai sweet dessert. There is some nice small places as a look of coffee shop or small restaurant along the canal, some set up on footpath beside canal. I saw many visitor sit and enjoy the lively view beside the canal. It’s get more lively when the sun nearly goes down. Many boats carry local food, vegetable, and fruit for selling. Another popular activity can be seen there is a boat tour which operate day and night. Here this place I still see almost visitors is Thai.
To get here, just drive one hour down south of Bangkok in the area go to Samut Songkhram province, the floating market is in the area of Wat Amphawan Jatiyaram temple.
See more detail at my Samut Songkhram page.
Wann's Related Pages
Amphawa Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Amphawa
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Amphawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amphawa
Top 10 Pages
- Pak Kret Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 98 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am Intro, 13 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 11 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chanthaburi Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues