"Cha Am Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am by Wann
Cha-am Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 279 photos
Cha Am beach may not in top beautiful beaches of Thailand but it's my favorite beach. Here you can see more locals visit than tourists, the place has been being popular for a long long time, as a thai family holidays destination. My first time visit just when I was 3.
Cha am is only 165 Km south of Bangkok, it originally was only a small fishing village, but today, is getting famous. From my latest visit in summer I found the beach was very crowded as you can see on my many photos here.
You can stay over night or just make a day trip from Hua Hin where only 20 km away. I've done already both ways and I think better to stay over night here. Cha Am beach road is very long, you can enjoy taking a walk or make a bike ride, all the way through from north end to south end with scene of the sea along the way.
As there's no pub/bars here, that is the reason why Cha Am is still a very thai-style beach. That's good to see somewhere different from Pattaya or Patong beach.
I always go to Cha Am by train and there's only slow train stop by here. You really need a book after pass a half of journey from Bangkok but I'm just a train person ;-)
Once you get there you will see the sign "Welcome to Cha Am" at the railway station and behind is the road 2 Km. to Cha Am Beach.
Along the way to beach is a small Cha Am town. Everytime I go, the town is always very quiet.
Cha Am beach is very long and offers different atmospheres in each part. The area of Cha Am beach can be divided into 2 parts, By Cha Am view point in the middle.
North Cha Am and South Cha Am...
At northern part is very lively and many range of accommodations and southern part seem quieter, as you can see on my photo.
Probably good to have your own vehicle. The hotel locate between Hua Hin and Cha Am, said 15 km to Hua Hin. We have no... more travel advice
I made a bike ride to the end of North Cha Am There are some nice seafood restaurants provide a fresh seafood, great... more travel advice
Wann's Related Pages
Cha-am Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHA AM Thailand Travel and Accommodation"
- "Cha Am Beach"
- "Go where the locals go."
- "A serene resort town - ideal for relaxation."
- "Cha-Am Style"
- "Cha-Am - Fantastic place for families"
- "Facing Pataya across the bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cha-am
- Hotels in Cha-am
- Transportation in Cha-am
- Nightlife in Cha-am
- Restaurants in Cha-am
- Shopping in Cha-am
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cha-am
- 13 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Cha-am?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cha-am
Photos in Cha-amSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Pak Kret Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 98 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am Intro, 13 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chanthaburi Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues