"Cha Am Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am by Wann

Cha-am Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 279 photos

Phetchaburi Province

Cha Am beach may not in top beautiful beaches of Thailand but it's my favorite beach. Here you can see more locals visit than tourists, the place has been being popular for a long long time, as a thai family holidays destination. My first time visit just when I was 3.

Cha am is only 165 Km south of Bangkok, it originally was only a small fishing village, but today, is getting famous. From my latest visit in summer I found the beach was very crowded as you can see on my many photos here.

You can stay over night or just make a day trip from Hua Hin where only 20 km away. I've done already both ways and I think better to stay over night here. Cha Am beach road is very long, you can enjoy taking a walk or make a bike ride, all the way through from north end to south end with scene of the sea along the way.

As there's no pub/bars here, that is the reason why Cha Am is still a very thai-style beach. That's good to see somewhere different from Pattaya or Patong beach.

To Cha Am by train

I always go to Cha Am by train and there's only slow train stop by here. You really need a book after pass a half of journey from Bangkok but I'm just a train person ;-)

Once you get there you will see the sign "Welcome to Cha Am" at the railway station and behind is the road 2 Km. to Cha Am Beach.

Along the way to beach is a small Cha Am town. Everytime I go, the town is always very quiet.

North and South

Cha Am beach is very long and offers different atmospheres in each part. The area of Cha Am beach can be divided into 2 parts, By Cha Am view point in the middle.

North Cha Am and South Cha Am...

At northern part is very lively and many range of accommodations and southern part seem quieter, as you can see on my photo.

• Last visit to Cha-am: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 1, 2007

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Hello Wann, this is a very good page on a place that I love. fergy.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Wann, you know lots of neat out-of-the-way places like Maruk Khatayawan Palace. You should be a guide.

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Hi Wann. Great page. I was in Cha-am some years ago. Do you know how tourism in Cha-am is today compared to Hua Hin?

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 6:01 AM

Another great page Wann!

• Jul 10, 2007 at 2:18 PM

its all good info....lve been cha am....loved it...busyt with thias at weekends.....good sunday market....otherwise sheer bliss...great food

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 8:30 PM

A very informative page on Cha-am. Maybe I will be there one day. Happy birthday from Finland!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 5:08 AM

looks like i missed out on this place last time i was in thailand

• Jan 16, 2007 at 4:36 AM

lovely page, Nikos

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 12:07 PM

...and I'd never heard of it!. Informative pages.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2005 at 11:09 AM

Superb photos, interesting tips. Cha-am must be a great place. I think I'd prefer to stay in the southern part, though.

Wann

“Life is what you make it.”

Badges & Stats in Cha-am