"I just love Chanthaburi" Chanthaburi by Wann
Chanthaburi Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 112 photos
I have heard about the province for a long time, not about as a famous tourist destination but a province of abundance of tropical fruits and a centre of gems. It’s rain quiet often but just like a short shower. Rain a lot that’s why the province resouces various kinds of thai fruits, many plantations here.
I first went to Chanthaburi few times on my work trip and mostly stay in town. Later my family and I visited Koh Chang island and on the way back we decided to make a little exploring Chanthaburi province. We found Chanthaburi is an ideal place for our vacation, ordinary thai place, peaceful, every places we visit was just natural. Chanthaburi becomes our favorite now.
Chanthburi just only 245 km from Bangkok, drive follow highway no.3 (Sukumvit Rd), but we always drive from our place in the northeast. If you already visited thailand many times and run out where to go, may consider Chanthaburi your next destination.
Although visit Chanthaburi many times but I didn't spend much time yet exploring the town, especially around the famous street of gems.
Chanthaburi offers various kinds of attractions, many national parks, waterfalls, mountains, beaches, forest etc. The whole area of the province seperated by the Sukumvit Highway, one side is mountain area with many national park, waterfalls and another side is just beach/sea. You can see places I've visited on my tips.
Its difficult to enjoy all those nature attractions if you don't have your own vehicle, rent a car with driver or drive by yourself. They are all good road and its not complicated.
I usually stayed at Hat Chao Lao beach area. Many nice accommodations just by beach, most run by locals. Its not like a cystal sandy beach and no one goes there for sun bath. I just like the atmosphere, really a thai style beach, nice and clean.
Here's my latest trip, a view of fish pier & fisherman villages from distance.
I took a boat trip off shore around 2 kms from Hat Chao Lao beach. From the sea, Laem Sadat cape can be seen in distance, at north I saw activities of fishermen in the morning at fish pier.
- Pros:various attractions
- Cons:should drive to fully enjoy the province
- In a nutshell:Fruits, National Parks, Waterfalls, Mangrove, Beach, Gems, ........
We stayed on Chao Lao beach. Many sea activities provided there. We took a crystallized bottom boat ride off shore... more travel advice
We enjoyed at Laem Sadet beach area for a while, after that we visited aquarium where situated right across the road... more travel advice
Wann's Related Pages
Chanthaburi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I just love Chanthaburi"
- "Travelling alonE"
- "A quiet capital town with its own taste."
- "Banthad Refugee Camp"
- "Chanthaburi, Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chanthaburi
- Hotels in Chanthaburi
- Transportation in Chanthaburi
- Restaurants in Chanthaburi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chanthaburi
- 15 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Chanthaburi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chanthaburi
Photos in ChanthaburiSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Pak Kret Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 98 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am Intro, 13 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 11 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chanthaburi Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues