"I just love Chanthaburi" Chanthaburi by Wann

Chanthaburi Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 112 photos

Walk through mangrove forest

I have heard about the province for a long time, not about as a famous tourist destination but a province of abundance of tropical fruits and a centre of gems. It’s rain quiet often but just like a short shower. Rain a lot that’s why the province resouces various kinds of thai fruits, many plantations here.

I first went to Chanthaburi few times on my work trip and mostly stay in town. Later my family and I visited Koh Chang island and on the way back we decided to make a little exploring Chanthaburi province. We found Chanthaburi is an ideal place for our vacation, ordinary thai place, peaceful, every places we visit was just natural. Chanthaburi becomes our favorite now.

Chanthburi just only 245 km from Bangkok, drive follow highway no.3 (Sukumvit Rd), but we always drive from our place in the northeast. If you already visited thailand many times and run out where to go, may consider Chanthaburi your next destination.

All about nature

Although visit Chanthaburi many times but I didn't spend much time yet exploring the town, especially around the famous street of gems.

Chanthaburi offers various kinds of attractions, many national parks, waterfalls, mountains, beaches, forest etc. The whole area of the province seperated by the Sukumvit Highway, one side is mountain area with many national park, waterfalls and another side is just beach/sea. You can see places I've visited on my tips.

Its difficult to enjoy all those nature attractions if you don't have your own vehicle, rent a car with driver or drive by yourself. They are all good road and its not complicated.

Hat Chao Lao, famous beach of Chanthaburi

I usually stayed at Hat Chao Lao beach area. Many nice accommodations just by beach, most run by locals. Its not like a cystal sandy beach and no one goes there for sun bath. I just like the atmosphere, really a thai style beach, nice and clean.

Here's my latest trip, a view of fish pier & fisherman villages from distance.

I took a boat trip off shore around 2 kms from Hat Chao Lao beach. From the sea, Laem Sadat cape can be seen in distance, at north I saw activities of fishermen in the morning at fish pier.

• Pros:various attractions
  • Cons:should drive to fully enjoy the province
  • In a nutshell:Fruits, National Parks, Waterfalls, Mangrove, Beach, Gems, ........
  • Last visit to Chanthaburi: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2007

Wann

“Life is what you make it.”

Badges & Stats in Chanthaburi

Have you been to Chanthaburi?