"Visit the biggest pagoda in Thailand" Top 5 Page for this destination Nakhon Pathom by Wann

Nakhon Pathom Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 158 photos

A day trip from Bangkok

I travel pass by the central of the province so many times but seldom stop by there. When I think about place to go for a day trip from Bangkok and be able to travel by train, there’s some choices as many small provinces and attractions surround Bangkok. Finally we decided to go to this little nice province, Nakhon Prathom. It was easy to get there by train within only around 1 hour from Bangkok.

Nakhon Prathom is a small province in south of Bangkok. If you travel from Bangkok to southern Thailand, you probably pass by this province. It’s only 60 kms away from Bangkok. The major attraction here is the biggest pagoda in Thailand, Phra Prathom Chedi. There’s also a beautiful palace in town which only 2 kms away from The Chedi, well I didn’t visit yet. All the tips and photos here are just from my day trip in April, I visited only The Chedi and wander in town. It’s summer and the hottest month of the year, I gave up for the heat !!!

• Last visit to Nakhon Pathom: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 25, 2005

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2005 at 11:58 AM

You put a lot of usefull info on your pages, this really helps well done. And all the best Cliff

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2005 at 7:02 PM

Wann, some outstanding pics in these new pages, esp. the one of the Phra Prathom Chedi Temple under Things to Do. Great local custom tip about how to make a wish. I need to go there myself.

Wann

“Life is what you make it.”

Badges & Stats in Nakhon Pathom

Have you been to Nakhon Pathom?

Latest Activity in Nakhon Pathom