"Roi Et" Roi Et by Wann
Roi Et Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
Few years ago, I went to visit friend in Roi Et, a province in the middle of the Northeastern region, around 500 km drive from Bangkok. I had no chance to explore the town, just visit one famous temple, Wat Buraphaphiram, where the tallest Buddha image situated. In central of the town, there's a large lake called Bung Phlan Chai. It is a nice lake with an island in the middle. The lake and the tallest Buddha image seem symbols of the province.
Roi Et in Thai, means one hundred and one (101). It refers to the history which believed, 101 was just an exaggeration of the number 11 since the town once ruled 11 vassal states, and there was 11 city gates meanwhile.
Before I left there I drove around the town and felt it there very quiet town, people seem have simple way of life, upcountry style.
Wann's Related Pages
Roi Et Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Roi Et"
- "Roi Et or Saket Nakorn"
- "In the sweeping plane"
- "Jim in Roi-Et"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roi Et
- Hotels in Roi Et
- Nightlife in Roi Et
- Restaurants in Roi Et
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roi Et
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Roi Et?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roi Et
Top 10 Pages
- Nakhon Ratchasima Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pak Kret Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 98 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am Intro, 13 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 11 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chanthaburi Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues