"Where The Chao Phraya meets The Gulf of Thailand" Samut Prakan by Wann

Samut Prakan Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 102 photos

Pak Nam

From Bangkok, travel out follow Sukumvit road, pass On nut, Bang Na then you get into the area of Samut Prakran Province. In central of the province we call shortly as Pak Nam, it means the place where The Chao Phraya river flows into the Gulf of Thailand.

I've got precious memories here as its the first place I lived since I moved to central region. In the evening my dad and I liked to sit at the open area near the riverside and kept watching all the huge ships moving slowly on the river, slowly pass, just in front of us.

Industrial Zone

Samut Prakran also got a name of industrial area. There is some industrial zones, apart from Pak Nam locals, the province also home to many of those who move to work here in factories.

Part of Bang Phli, a district of Samut Prakran, is the area of The new airport, Suvarnabhumi. Some people suggest if you have time during the flight about 6-7 hrs. you can take a tour to some attractions of Samut Prakran. In my opionion I don't think it works well, the traffic is always unpredictable.

If you are interested, the famous attractions can be;

* * *

Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm and Zoo - The World Biggest Crocodile Farm

The Ancient City - Muang Boran

Bang Pu - A relaxing place by the Seaside, walk along the long pier, enjoy the view and feeding seagulls, they migrate here from Nov - Jul

The Erawan Museum - The three-headed elephant

Phra Samut Chedi - The pagoda on the islet in the middle of the river

The Naval Museum
etc.

I've been to all those places but it's long ago. You can check for update info at link below ;

www.paknam.com

• Intro Updated Oct 16, 2006

Wann

“Life is what you make it.”

Badges & Stats in Samut Prakan

Have you been to Samut Prakan?

Latest Activity in Samut Prakan