"Where The Chao Phraya meets The Gulf of Thailand" Samut Prakan by Wann
Samut Prakan Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 102 photos
From Bangkok, travel out follow Sukumvit road, pass On nut, Bang Na then you get into the area of Samut Prakran Province. In central of the province we call shortly as Pak Nam, it means the place where The Chao Phraya river flows into the Gulf of Thailand.
I've got precious memories here as its the first place I lived since I moved to central region. In the evening my dad and I liked to sit at the open area near the riverside and kept watching all the huge ships moving slowly on the river, slowly pass, just in front of us.
Samut Prakran also got a name of industrial area. There is some industrial zones, apart from Pak Nam locals, the province also home to many of those who move to work here in factories.
Part of Bang Phli, a district of Samut Prakran, is the area of The new airport, Suvarnabhumi. Some people suggest if you have time during the flight about 6-7 hrs. you can take a tour to some attractions of Samut Prakran. In my opionion I don't think it works well, the traffic is always unpredictable.
If you are interested, the famous attractions can be;
* * *
Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm and Zoo - The World Biggest Crocodile Farm
The Ancient City - Muang Boran
Bang Pu - A relaxing place by the Seaside, walk along the long pier, enjoy the view and feeding seagulls, they migrate here from Nov - Jul
The Erawan Museum - The three-headed elephant
Phra Samut Chedi - The pagoda on the islet in the middle of the river
The Naval Museum
I've been to all those places but it's long ago. You can check for update info at link below ;
Written Oct 8, 2006
View from The Riverside
Written Oct 16, 2006
Wander around the town
Wann's Related Pages
Samut Prakan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Muang Boran"
- "Samut Prakan The Way to the Ocean."
- "Where The Chao Phraya meets The Gulf of Thailand"
- "Samut Prakan"
- "Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm & Zoo"
- "I love my hometown."
- "Ancient City , Samut Prakan"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Samut Prakan
- 1 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Samut Prakan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samut Prakan
Top 10 Pages
- Pak Kret Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 98 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am Intro, 13 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 11 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chanthaburi Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues