"Khao Wang in Phetchaburi" Phetchaburi by Wann
Phetchaburi Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 321 photos
Phra Nakorn Khiri Historical Park or shortly called Khao Wang is the most famous attraction of Phetchaburi province.
Khao Wang was built on Samana Mountain. It was King Rama IV's holiday resort in 1860 in neo-classical style. There are royal houses, temples, halls and an observatory where the King Rama IV use to view the stars.
My first visit along ago, everyone must walk up to reach the palace on top of the mountain, many monkeys along the walk trail. Now easier way just take electric tram as you can see in the photo.
From the junction you can see Khao Wang on the top of the hill.
Wann's Related Pages
Phetchaburi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Holy City"
- "A traditional thai town with many nice temples"
- "Petburi, Diamond City"
- "Phetchaburi - busy Thai village with awsome Cave"
- "Welcome relief from Chaam plight"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phetchaburi
- Hotels in Phetchaburi
- Transportation in Phetchaburi
- Nightlife in Phetchaburi
- Restaurants in Phetchaburi
- Shopping in Phetchaburi
- Warnings and Dangers in Phetchaburi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Phetchaburi
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Phetchaburi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phetchaburi
Top 10 Pages
- Nakhon Ratchasima Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pak Kret Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 98 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am Intro, 13 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Lak Intro, 11 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chanthaburi Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues