"Town of Pirgi on the Island of Chios" Chios by royalempress
Chios Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 155 photos
To get to Chios you can take the ferry from Cesme, Turkey. Take a taxi to the town of Pirgi.
Many ot the houses in Pirgi are adorned with xysta (like Italian sgraffito) patterns," intricate geometric patterns cut into the white plaster and outlined with gray paint. Some of these house were built around 1694
I didn't really feel like buying any meats here although I'm sure It wouldn't have hurt us. more travel advice
royalempress' Related Pages
Chios Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chios - Tradition Stands Still"
- "Chios-My Native Island"
- "Chios city"
- "Chios - the island of my dreams"
- "Chios: a Greek Island off the beaten path"
- "Denia's Chios page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chios
- Hotels in Chios
- Transportation in Chios
- Nightlife in Chios
- Restaurants in Chios
- Shopping in Chios
- Warnings and Dangers in Chios
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chios
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Chios?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chios
Photos in ChiosSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whidbey Island Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Mantova Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Oberwesel Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Úbeda Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Bangkok 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos