"Brugge, Belgium" Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge by royalempress
Brugge Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 281 photos
Many advertisements claim that Brugge is "The Second Venice of Europe". The only things that are similar are the high prices and a few canals. Brugge, although very nice, has a different atmosphere and the buildings are much different than Venice.
Brugge was once a major trading port but over the years the river silted up and made Brugge no longer a trading port. After a period of decline the city decided to promote tourism. They remodeled their buildings with unique facings making the town very unique.
We liked Brugge and many streets are pedestrian. The only traffic to watch out for were the horse and carriages. The prices in the restaurants and shops were exceptionally high. So be for warned, it you are a shopper bring plenty of cash.
- Pros:Lots of restaurants and shops
- Cons:Very Expensive
Take along some mosquito repellent and a plug in repellent for your room. With all the fresh water that surrounds Brugge... more travel advice
To get a overall perspective of the city try one of the horse and carriage rides. At times there were more carriages... more travel advice
royalempress' Related Pages
Brugge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Romantic Brugge"
- "I visit once in a while"
- "Brugge, Belgium"
- "Magic Brugge: where fairytales seem true"
- "Go to Brugge!"
- "Charm Personified"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brugge
- Hotels in Brugge
- Transportation in Brugge
- Nightlife in Brugge
- Restaurants in Brugge
- Shopping in Brugge
- Warnings and Dangers in Brugge
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Brugge
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Brugge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brugge
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whidbey Island Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Mantova Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Oberwesel Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Úbeda Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Bangkok 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos