"Salzburg" Salzburg by royalempress
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,587 reviews and 5,966 photos
The Fortress Hohensalzburg was built in 1077. It is the largest, preserved medieval fortress in Central Europe. The castle was built by Salzburg's Archbishop Gebhard. Climb the stairs on the castle walls to get a wonderful view of the city below.
Plan on spending some time in the Castle. If you can, go to a concert in the evening at the castle, but stay away from the restaurant at the top of the tram, its terrible!
There a couple nice outside cafes across the river that serve great lunches. After lunch try a walk on the wide walking path that follows the river, very peaceful.
- Pros:Lots to see and do
- Cons:Very Expensive
- In a nutshell:Take lots of money
This was only one of the many beautiful statues scattered around the grounds. more travel advice
We were quite surprised at this scene that was inside a cave like structure. The figures went around a central stone... more travel advice
royalempress' Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 25 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Photos in SalzburgSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whidbey Island Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Mantova Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Oberwesel Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Úbeda Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Bangkok 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos