"Rocamadour, France" Rocamadour by royalempress
Rocamadour Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 166 photos
Rocamadour is one of the seven great pilgrimage sites in the 10th and 12th century. The church is located half way up the cliffs with a castle/fort on the top and the town on the bottom. The population of the town is 780 people. A train runs through the town and the night train is very popular as the the town and hillside is illuminated. It is very spectacular!!
The town is named after St. Amadour and is situated above the river Alzou-the site of many miracles. The ramparts of the fort has protected the religious site below through many incursions.
royalempress' Related Pages
Rocamadour Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Rocky Plateau Village"
- "THE AMAZING ROCAMADOUR!"
- "Rocamadour mon amour"
- "Make the climb to Rocamadour"
- "THE CITY that you have not to miss"
- "A Site That Is Up, Down and in the Middle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rocamadour
- Hotels in Rocamadour
- Transportation in Rocamadour
- Restaurants in Rocamadour
- Warnings and Dangers in Rocamadour
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rocamadour
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Rocamadour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rocamadour
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whidbey Island Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Mantova Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Oberwesel Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Úbeda Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Bangkok 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (3)
Latest Rocamadour hotel reviews
- Best Western Beau Site Hotel Rocamadour
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013