"DesertRat's new Qatar page" Qatar by DesertRat
Qatar Travel Guide: 802 reviews and 2,367 photos
<b>Photo: The flags of the Arabian Gulf Co-operation Council along the Corniche near the Doha Sheraton.</b>
Qatar may not boast spectacular scenery, but it's fascinating politically. Since the current Amir took over, much has changed: the Ministry of Information has been disbanded; hence, it has the freest press in the region and promotes lively debate both in the newspapers and on television. It was also the first Gulf state to make careful, tentative approaches to Israel. It is, in a word, the progressive iconoclast in the region.
The Doha Sheraton -- Like the rest of the Gulf states, Qatar has its share of spectacularly opulent hotels. The Sheraton... more travel advice
DesertRat's Related Pages
Qatar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DOHA - Is it Boring to be there ?"
- "Qatar - There IS more than just Doha!"
- "Land Cruisers and Gold"
- "Playing Qatari Atari"
- "My First Middle East Assignment"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Qatar
- Hotels in Qatar
- Transportation in Qatar
- Nightlife in Qatar
- Restaurants in Qatar
- Shopping in Qatar
- Warnings and Dangers in Qatar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qatar
- 10 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Qatar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qatar
Photos in QatarSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Oman Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 7 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 6 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pakistan Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 22 reviews, 18 photos
- Saudi Arabia Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 5 travelogues